Will this work with Hitfilm?

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,259 Staff

Depends on the format of the elements that it contains. Probably best to check with the creators of the content. If its images and/or video clips, then you should be able to import them into HiFilm just fine.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,689 Ambassador

Yes and no. 

The package is listed as After Effects templates. Any actual After Effects project files are useless for Hitfilm, and anything done with generated media you'll have to build yourself. 

That said, it looks like the package contains a lot of media files--pictures, graphics and video files. Those can be imported into Hitfilm like any asset. 

The info on the site doesn't discuss how many media assets are included, so it's hard to judge if it's worth the 30 bucks. 

• I’ll just download a free trial of an older version of After Effects and export the projects as .mov or .mp4 files.

• Triem23

That works. Or, even better, once you render one version you can look at how the templates are built in AE, then recreate in Hitfilm. Other than easy-ease keyframes, and expressions, there shouldn't be anything in the AE template you can't do in Hitfilm. And most expressions can be replaced with keyframes, anyway. 

• Yes, I was planning on doing that but first I was going to use the exported files for the Nuke Non-Commercial contest.

• Triem23

Nice. You seem to have quite a few ambitious projects in progress (based on forum posts). Looking forward to seeing them. 

• Yes, I’m working on my Spud Militia series and the Nuke challenge. The Spud Militia won’t be released to December because I must buy a new camera.

• Simes
    Simes Posts: 21

I'm not sure that's permitted under the competition rules.

"By entering artwork and copy to the competition, the entrant warrants that their entry is their original work, that they are the sole copyright holder in their entry, and that they have obtained all consents, licences, authorisations or rights required for the purpose of the competition."

• Triem23

If the license for the media is royalty free it's ok. Otherwise that interpretation of the rules would disallow all stock... Which would, say, invalidate anything with explosions if I didn't shoot a real explosion. 

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,722 Ambassador

It also notes this on the Videohive website-Regular license "Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee."

You can only use this in one project? So would you have to buy a license every time you wanted to use it somewhere else? Their licensing seems a little limiting to me.

Extended license reads- "Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee." and the price jumps to $96!

http://videohive.net/licenses/terms/regular

•  And while they have such a limiting licence, they can't even pay Audio Jungle for the stock audio they are using to advertise the product.

• I asked about it on the Nuke forums, hopefully someone from The Foundry will reply.

• StormyKnight

It's taken about two days (about 5-6 hours each day) for me to create a HUD in HF- working on the final touches now. Have you considered trying to make your own? While the pre-made Sci-fi HUD Interface looks beautiful- I tried utilizing some of the same types of things I saw in the video promo- without actually copying anything directly. I'm pretty sure it can all be done in HF although things like the human body grid and moving meters would take some time. The moving meters would have to be individually animated. The human body grid would require a 3D model with the Wireframe effect applied.

• StormyKnight

H3rm4n_Studi05_Old - Heard anything back yet? Just curious.

• I asked The Foundry and they’re alright with me using it. I asked the creator but he never responded. So I asked another creator of a different product called Mother HUD and he was ok with me using his product. I’m working on the project right now. I will be posting it on the Hitfilm Movie Wall and about how I finished the project.

• StormyKnight

Can't wait to see it!