Neewer Brand Equipment.

NegaMatt
NegaMatt Website User Posts: 11
I have noticed that Neewer brand equipment like lights, follow focuses and such are dirt cheap in price compared to well everybody else.  The thing is, with the stuff I have bought from them it seems like its amazing.  
So I was curious if anybody else bought this brand of products and what their opinions of it were.
The stuff I bought so far:
Follow Focus:  Pretty good, gets the job done (would buy a ring with it since the one they give is set for 1 size only)
Matte Box: Does its job

Comments

• rgbii
    rgbii Website User Posts: 965 Just Starting Out
    For a budget filmmaker, neewer products can be an affordable option.   I have a couple of their lights, and I seldom use them as key lights, but they do come in handy.
    The difference is in build. If you shoot now and then, they may last you a decent amount of time. Used daily, they probably wouldn't hold up as well, though you never know. 
    My first venture into LED lights was a small neewer, and even though I have larger, better LED lights, the neewer's are still working.
    FYI: every neewer light I have has a green cast to it, which can be common with many LED's, seems to be worse with the neewer.
    Richard.
  • NegaMatt
    NegaMatt Website User Posts: 11
    So for somebody like me, who is just starting, and is mostly run and gun it will work fine. 
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,249 Staff
    Well, its not literally peanuts.  You can't make a decent follow focus out of peanuts. And they will not accept peanuts in exchange for a follow focus.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,249 Staff
    Heh, you are correct; I've not done any shopping in the UK for years.  My point was not related to peanuts though, so much as it was related to the word "literally."  I'm sure the price is fantastic, and may be equal to or similar to the price of peanuts.  But at best, it is figuratively peanuts.  If you offered to pay Neewer for their product with actual peanuts, I doubt they would accept.
    Though honestly, my post was meant to be a lighthearted joke, not a debate on semantics.  I know exactly what you meant.
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,558 Ambassador
    Some of the Neweet products see,, to me, to be made my an un-named chinese manufacturer and re-branded. For example, some of the Neweer DSLR shoulder mount rigs seem to be the same gear sold by other vendors.
    this: http://fancierstudio.com/dslr-rig.html
    this: http://www.neewer.com/index.php/neewer/catelist/24?page=1
    and this: http://gear.digitaljuice.com/products/products.asp?pid=2435
    are all the exact same components--Digital Juice sells the Follow Focus for $250--Fancier and Neewer, for about $120.... Except, GASP! Right now Digital Juice is bundling the whole thing (with a storage case) for $250!
    Shop around....
  • QuartzyTheCat
    QuartzyTheCat Website User Posts: 1

I just want a mic for my videos, is Neewer good for that? Btw my channel is youtube.com/c/QuartzyTheCatOfficial ~