HitFilm 2 Express - No Anamorphic lens flare?

TanvirKhan
TanvirKhan Website User Posts: 1
Am I right to think that the anarmorphic lens flare isnt included in the free version of Hitfilm 2 express?
Tiny bit sad because of that :( 
T

Comments

• MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    edited January 2014
    I haven't installed my copy yet. However, from what I remember about "Hitfilm Standard" the version I bought back when Hitfilm 1 was out, there were anamorphic lens flares, so I would be surprised if Hitfilm 2 Express (essentially the equivelant of the old "Standard version") didn't contain those flares.
    EDIT: Just installed HFE and anamorphic lens flares are indeed included. Just add a "lens flares" effect to your clip via the "light and flares" tab and then change the flare from the default "105mm" to any of the anamorphic options available.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,252 Staff
    TanvarKhan might have been referring to the specific Anamorphic Lens Flares effect, which was added to HitFilm 2 Ultimate as a stretch goal for the Kickstarter earlier this year.  And which is not included in the Express version.  But there are indeed lens flares, with some anamorphic presets, available in Express.
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    Ah. I guess that is what I get for not paying attention to the HF for mac kickstarter campaign ;)
  • KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,085 Staff
    Am I right to think that the anarmorphic lens flare isnt included in the free version of Hitfilm 2 express?
    Tiny bit sad because of that :( 
    T

As said, the anamorphic lens flare effect was created as a stretch goal for the HitFilm 2 Ultimate for Mac Kickstarter.
    However TanvirKhan - if you go into the effects panel in HitFilm 2 Express you will see 'Lights and Flares' which includes options such as 'Gleam, Flow, Light Flares, Light Rays, Light Streaks and Neon Glow'. All of these can be customised to your taste, and all within Express :)