Free RodyPolis stuff for Kickstarter Backers

ElCuajinais
ElCuajinais Website User Posts: 18
I have some stuff I downloaded back when the Kickstarter update #16 came out. I seems like a few snippets from the packs sold on the RodyPolis website. I was underwhelmed but it was something extra so I’m not complaining. What I have certainly isn’t any one of the complete packs. The link in the original Kickstarter update is dead. I just want to double check that that the snippets I have is the Kickstater reward. What exactly were the backers supposed to get?

Comments

• MichaelJames
    MichaelJames Website User Posts: 2,038 Enthusiast
    Lol you are not complaining?  Just mentioning it just to mention it?  This was the additional bonus stretch goal reward.  There will be another model pack coming from Hitfilm.
  • ElCuajinais
    Lol you are not complaining?  Just mentioning it just to mention it?  This was the additional bonus stretch goal reward.  There will be another model pack coming from Hitfilm.

What a dick post you’ve written. THAT’s me complaining.

I’m just getting into Hitfilm now and needed to verify that what I downloaded more than five months ago is what I should have downloaded. With the Kickstater link to the bonus content dead I can’t double-check. Adding to the confusion is the fact that frankly this bonus content looks like a free demo to get people to purchase the actual packs, so it makes it all the more confusing. I could not recall if I had downloaded a demo or the bonus content. I thought this was the right place to ask.
  • MichaelJames

Yes, this is the right place to ask about that...  The thing is you kind of gave a commentary by adding you are underwhelmed.  While asking your question you kind of knock the hard work of 1 of the forum members.  There's no reason to say I am underwhelmed but not complaining.  Its your right to but that sounds like a complaint. 
    Saying not complaining, with all due respect, no offense or not to say anything bad right before or after saying something to the contrary does not negate it.
    Asking about a dick comment makes my comment dick?  ok well to you I say Happy Kwanza sir.

• ElCuajinais

According to your view negative comment = complaint. I disagree. What we do agree on:

Saying not complaining, with all due respect, no offense or not to say anything bad right before or after saying something to the contrary does not negate it.

And I would also add “Lol” to the list, which you seem to like.

Yes, this is the right place to ask about that...  The thing is you kind of gave a commentary by adding you are underwhelmed.  While asking your question you kind of knock the hard work of 1 of the forum members.  There's no reason to say I am underwhelmed but not complaining.  Its your right to but that sounds like a complaint. 

You must be the standard fanboy that comes into being every time a new forum is created in the interwebs. Truly a paladin of the “everything is perfect” church. You don’t even know why I was underwhelmed. Did you ever think it could be because the QUANTITY of the bonus material, rather than the QUALITY? (In which case I wasn’t knocking the hard work of whomever created the model)s. Of course you didn’t. You  just read a negative word and your HITFILM_IS_AWESOME!!! sub-routine kicked in.

ok well to you I say Happy Kwanza sir.

No need act civil now champ. We’re sadly past formalities.

• MichaelJames
    Yes I like the word Lol because I do tend to laugh out loud a lot:)
    Yes I must be a fanboy because I noticed you knocking a guys hardwork.  Not FXhome's work but just a user.  You at no point talked about the software and I at no point defended the software.  So maybe you should consider you may be that standard guy who automatically calls people fan boys without considering what was actually said.  Maybe that was just my hitfilm sub-routine kicking in

Quality or quantity, a knock is a knock.  So let me get this right.  You backed a kickstarter for a software and you are not complaining about the extra stretch goal bonus that that they added, but you are mentioning that you were underwhelmed by the quantity the last minute bonus you were getting for a software you were buying? 
    I don't know how you divorce negative comment about something as not being a complaint.
    Well I am sorry the bonus didn't meet your expectations when it comes to quantity.  I don't know why you had expectations for anything more then a couple free models that were just extra.  I am also sorry that me laughing and asking if you are not complaining but just mentioning something just to mention it has you on the defensive.  Did you even see my legitimate answer to your query or were you just seeing rage after?
    Oh and there is always cause to act civil and maintain formalities.  When you lose civility and formalities on internet forums people tend to devolve into name calling, blind and hyper aggressive trolls.
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    @MichaelJames I don't think this guy is worth your time at this point. He got upset about a post that was not meant (from what I can tell) to be offensive. Although I've disagreed with you in the past, and I think you can be a bit harsh at times, I don't feel this was the case this time. So continuing this conversation with El Cuajinais seems futile.
    @EL Cuajinais I am by no means a huge contributer on these forums, or someone who has earned a great deal of respect around here, but I will say this, MichaelJames did not intend, initially, to start this type of flame war on this thread. I think he was well meaning and if you knew him like many of us do around these forums, you may have seen that. It is fairly obvious that you are new here and I don't think that a good start is to begin a flame war with someone as well known as Michael James (with a whopping 1,305 posts).
    I also don't think it was incredibly wise to add that remark about being underwhelmed, since it seemed like an unnecessary jab at one of these forums top contributers, and easily one of its most respected members, RodyPolis. Try not to be offended by this criticism, as this is meant to be constructive. I don't mean to make you angry, but rather point out the disrespect that seems to have been shown, by you, to some of the more respected members of this forum.
  • MichaelJames

Well said Matthias and thank you.

• ElCuajinais
    So both of you agree I’ve disrespected RodyPolis…
    What a weird place this is.

I need to find another Hitfilm discussion forum.
  • MatthiasClaflin
    MatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    I'm not trying to say you should leave these forums, I'm just suggesting you be a bit more understanding. We are not here to gang up on you and force you out, but rather to teach you that you should choose your words a bit more carefully and not get as upset when faced by constructive criticism.
  • RodyPolis
    RodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    I have some stuff I downloaded back when the Kickstarter update #16 came out. I seems like a few snippets from the packs sold on the RodyPolis website. I was underwhelmed but it was something extra so I’m not complaining. What I have certainly isn’t any one of the complete packs. The link in the original Kickstarter update is dead. I just want to double check that that the snippets I have is the Kickstater reward. What exactly were the backers supposed to get?

Hello. The Kickstarter pack contained parts of the different products on my website. It wasn't one full product, but bits of everything to get you started. From what you described, it sounds like you downloaded what you were supposed to get.

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,997 Ambassador
    Man oh man... so is this how you treat the new guy? 
    Here's what I see so I'm about to critique some of these posts... and there's no need to be offended, this is just my impression of the whole thing so far. 
    The OP actually didn't say anything rude or attack anyone personally in his original post. 
    He said that he was underwhelmed by the free stuff but he's not complaining because it was... duh... free.... this is not an insult. Those who were offended by this or became offended in someones stead... there is something wrong with you.  
    It's like receiving a pair of socks for your birthday, when you were really expecting something more extravagant. And no this is not a shot at Rody's work, which I think is rather great! I'm simply saying that the OP wasn't very impressed by it.
    There's not one thing wrong with saying that you aren't impressed with someones work... all of you guys should know this by now because... isn't that what we do here? We critique each others work all the time... don't we?
    MJ initiated the OP's successive negative responses with his first two questions.
    MJ, I know that you don't see anything wrong with what you originally said but... look at it from the OP's point of view. Your first two questions tell me everything that I need to know.
    Your first questions appear to stem from some imagined slight by the OP. You seem to think that you know exactly what and why he said what he said. You took offense to his post as if you have some kind of insight into what he said, as if you magically know that he acted maliciously. You sir cannot read minds nor know the motivations of others from an internet post. Correct me if I'm wrong but... didn't you start all of this by responding to him with two very sarcastic questions? Yeah you did. You made it personal when it didn't need or have to be. So similarly to what you said to him... typing LOL before your sarcastic questions doesn't negate that they come across as rude. 
    So if you're being sarcastic or just trying to be funny... I suggest that you let the person know that you're being sarcastic or funny... other than just typing LOL. You could've avoided all of this by doing two little things... do nothing at all and ignore his post, or just give him the info that he wanted and not be a smart ass "if that's what you were doing".   
    Matthias... sorry dude but you didn't help with the situation very much. You said, this guy isn't worth MJ's time.
    That comment says that you think the OP is at fault and none of the blame falls on MJ, even though he's the one that started all of the negative bull donkey.
    That's a pretty big insult when you really think about it... you then do try to settle things down a bit, which is good but you end it with jumping on MJ's bandwagon and suggesting that the OP "seems" to be showing little respect for Rody's work. The OP did no such thing and you are way beyond wrong for even suggesting that he did. 
    So you guys initiate a conversation with an insult... then you either give him the info that he was looking for in the first place or try to help him in some other way, then you end your post with another insult. Tell me there aint something wrong with that? This quickly leads to a mob mentality, so stop being mad at the new guy because you have some false notion that he's insulting Rody. It boggles the mind guys... the reactions on this post boggle the mind. 
    BTW,
    Welcome to the forums El Cuajinais.       
  • ElCuajinais
    Hello. The Kickstarter pack contained parts of the different products on my website. It wasn't one full product, but bits of everything to get you started. From what you described, it sounds like you downloaded what you were supposed to get.

Thanks for clearing that up.

• ElCuajinais
    edited December 2013
    @spydurhank
    Thanks for the welcome. Boy am I relieved to see some sense in here. I was worried I would not be able to ask questions in this forum. Rodi's reply was perfectly in line with what you would expect for such a question.
    I see I've earned a "Warn Status" under my name but MJ didn't. Oh well. I'm just happy in knowing not everyone in here is crazy.
  • MichaelJames
    edited December 2013
    @El Cuajinais I didn't know people got warned but I think it happens when their is direct name calling. I never hit the report button because there's a no snitching rule that I follow strictly.
    @spydurhank I admit that I asked 2 questions but I was trying to understand because that didn't seem to jive. I hope that no one takes me as one to try to offend or attack because to me its never worth it to make attacks on the internet. I can't help but read "underwhelmed" or expressing any unhappiness about the quantity as a knock. So I questioned it but still tried to provide info on that it was the bonus pack and that we shall be receiving another.
    How about we all just be cool? No one scuffed any sneakers here.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IG11IwjXho
  • spydurhank
    spydurhank Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,997 Ambassador
    Good suggestion MJ and thank you. :)   
  • yme
    yme Website User Posts: 36
    Everyone see a warn status label under their name. So you probably didn't get warned. Welcome to the forums and don't mind the comments.