Swish Pan Tracking in Mocha?

Grisby
Grisby Posts: 299 Just Starting Out*
I got a heavy Swish Pan 180 Degrees and would like to track that in Mocha... yes i know, i should start with something more simple...
Any Ideas or a Tutorial for that?
Greetings,
Chris

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    The technique for tracking a long pan in mocha is involves unlinking the tracking plane before performing the track, and is discussed in the latter part of this video: http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/04_advanced_tracking.m4v/view
  • Grisby
    Thx, Axel. I will look at it...
  • Grisby
    Am I right, that i cant stabilize a 3D-Model with the Track-Points created by Hitfilm himself? I'm getting mad about that at the Moment.
    What i mean: a handheld Shot, i put a 3D-Object in it, track the Shot, give the Tracking-Data to a Point, and give that Point to a 3D-Objekt, so that it stands rock solid on a Ground... I think Tracking Point dont will help me in that Case, right? I have to use Mocha instead?
    Thx in Advance,
    Greetings,
    Chris
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    edited March 2013
    It will depend how the camera is moving. For panning or side-to-side motion, then the 2D tracking should work great (depending on how far the camera moves), but if the camera is moving forward or backward, along the Z axis, then you might need a 3D camera solve.
  • Grisby
    Thats, what I thought too... i make some Mistake, and dont know which one...
    As you can see in my new Clip i animated the UFO the old-fashioned Way by Hand. But it would be nice, if the Shakes of the Cam would be on the 3D-Object too (besides it does not really occur).