Quick Audio Sync Question

I have shot film on a DSLR and recorded audio on a Zoom H4N using a clapper, etc. I am trying to sync the audio with the video in the timeline. However, I do not see an audio waveform on either the audio track of the video or the H4N audio track. I imported some free sound effects and I can see the audio waveform on them.
Am I doing something wrong? Syncing by ear just using the clap board is a pain as I am a beginner.
Thanks in advance for any advice or help!

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    The waveforms should show up by default. Maybe they are so mashed together they aren't looking like a waveform yet. At the lower left of the timeline, there is a slider to adjust the zoom - try zooming in more, and then open the triangle just to the right of the slider, and change the Preview Size to Large, and see if you can see them then.
  • Unfortunately, zooming in and changing to Large Preview still didn't work. Just curious if I am recording in the wrong format or something. Video is from a canon dslr .mov file, audio is .wav.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    Is the audio missing when you play back the timeline? Or can you hear it and just the waveform is missing?
  • ACB/Art In History
    edited March 2013
    I can hear audio perfectly. Just can't see waveform.
    I just loaded another piece of video into a new project and the audio waveform shows up on it but not on the audio from the H4N weird.