1230 Hopewell Road - Trailer & Full Short FIlm

Echovoid52
Echovoid52 Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*

Just showing off my latest short. It's a horror noir drama about two investigative journalist making a documentary on an urban legend serial killer and a troubled boyfriend at the deadly center of it all.

I live in PA. For my next project I'm looking to team up with someone. Two directors.

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,284 Staff

I had to watch that without sound as my speakers are broken and even then I feel like I got the chilling feel through the visuals! I'll watch it again when I have a better piece of hardware available, but for now I liked the use of different cinematic looks, and the plot looks really interesting :) Congrats! Would love to see your next stuff, especially if you find any other community members to join you!

• Echovoid52
    Thank you. Yeah I really put a lot of effort into the visual look of the film. I go for a dark gritty/grainy 16mm look. I think too many Hollywood films are too clean and shiny.
  • Beth
    Beth Staff NorwichPosts: 9 Staff

I love the 16mm look! Also great glitch effects!

• Manhit
    Manhit Posts: 61 Enthusiast

This really looks amazing, I love the style. It is funny how it used to be that you could tell amateur video by the fact it was low resolution and lacking sharpness. Now it is video that is over sharpened and contrasty. The colour grading and editing choices created an effectively chilling atmosphere.

• Echovoid52
    @Manhit It was actually shot on the Panasonic G7 using the standard kit lense.I don't know If I'd call that an ametur camera, but you can be the judge of that. I highly recommend watching the full film. The VHS shots are intentionally downgraded, but the rest of it is intended to look very cinematic.
  • Manhit
    Manhit Posts: 61 Enthusiast

Hi @Echovoid52 ,

I have a Panasonic G7 as well, often paired with vintage lenses. Your images do look very cinematic and professional. Thanks for posting.