Sci Fi Comedy Drama Episode 3

EVOAH
EVOAH Posts: 40 Just Starting Out*

Hey guys. Check out Episode 3.

Definitely had to step it up a bit for this one mainly learning facial animation techniques. Hope you enjoy.

https://youtu.be/x4jL0AB0vVs

Comments

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Posts: 1,284 Staff
    edited June 17

Whoa! This completely took me by surprise - the level of time you must have put into this episode absolutely blows my mind!

The number of super complicated VFX shots in even a few minutes of this show - especially when incorporating live elements and 3D model animation! Whoa. You've got a real skill for taking your actors from a green screen onto any environment and blending them in really well.

Dude, I take my hat off to you - this is quite the undertaking, and I really enjoyed watching it!

How did you find learning facial animation? Please share the next episode when you've completed it :)

• EVOAH

Wow, thanks so much Kirsty. This particular episode took approx 5 months. The facial animation was a lot of trial and error and ultimately learning the methods actually employed by the pros such as ensuring certain mouth shapes are adherred to and not worrying about every shape just the one's our eyes are used to seeing in relation to the sounds. I also filmed myself doing the performance and tried to add little eye/ head movements that I otherwise might not have thought to add. Thanks so much for the comments. Really means a lot as back in 2018 i was literally learning the basics on the FXhome youtube channel. Episode 4 is being worked on now and will hopefully be done by late summer. Cheers. Rob

• KirstieT

I'm even surprised it took 5 months and not years! Amazing stuff, I've shared it around the company on our Slack channel and they're loving it :)

• EVOAH

Awesome thank You.

Here's a new scene that I uploaded on it's own early as I love it so much.

https://youtu.be/yZv8OByIF7s

• KirstieT

OK, I'm now obsessed with Il Vandalo @EVOAH . The British accent really caught me off guard but I immediately loved it 😂

Seriously, some major talent - sounds like you did everything yourself, from the environment, to the animation, to the voice acting?

Did you use a motion capture suit to get the cowboy strut just right, or was that a pre-loaded animation? 😁

• EVOAH

Thanks so much. I was going to give home the "Eastwood" gruff voice but thought it was a bit too on the nose. The walk animations are Mixamo, just because it's a lot quicker than doing a walk cycle. I have been looking at Mo Cap suits but can't really justify the cost. 😫 so glad you liked it. I had a blast making it and have many plans for Agent Randall. 👍👍