Why is my video extremely choppy in the trimmer now?
- CPU- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6 Core Processor
- GPU(s)- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060
- Operating System and version
- Total RAM= 16.0 GB
- Model name (if prebuilt or a laptop - Dell, Alienware, HP, etc)- custom build
- Any relevant steps or events that led to the issue- When I try to view and trim videos before by playing them in the trimmer, the frames are jumping getting stuck and jumping far forward. The audio runs fine. This only recently started happening, and nothing changed with my video footage, or system (to my knowledge). I have edited several video projects with the exact same footage type and on this same PC on Hitfilm within the past couple years and the issue didn't exist then. To make sure that the footage I am now trying to use wasn't somehow messed up, I opened one of these previous projects, and sure enough they were also choppy in the trimmer now. The timeline viewer itself runs fine, as you can see in the latter half of the short clip I uploaded. My files are stored and worked on in my 4 TB spinning hard drive, and while I know an SSD may be better, I attempted to move a few as a test and work on them in Hitfilm from there, but the problem persisted. I also used to have the NVIDIA Game graphics driver, but at the recommendation of a friend to fix this issue, switched to the studio version.
If your issue involves anything graphical, you must also:
- Confirm drivers are up to date (see here for help)- Yes, NVIDIA Studio Driver
- P 512.59rovide screenshots, recordings or videos to demonstrate the issue.
If your issue involves footage or assets, please also provide the following information on any footage - you can get a full breakdown using MediaInfo:
- Origin (screen recording, downloaded, etc)- taken on GoPro Hero 8 black (cinematic mode)
- Frame rate mode (constant or variable, retrieved from MediaInfo): Constant
- Frame rate and dimensions- 29.970 FPS , 3840 x 2160 pixels
- Codec (h264, h265, etc): General= mp41, Video = avc1