How do I search within, for instance, Home > Feature Requests > HitFilm?

StinkTofu
StinkTofu NetherlandsPosts: 8 Just Starting Out*

It's not really related to HitFilm in any way but I didn't know where to post Community Support about this website, so I'm posting it here. And since I'm posting it here, I need to provide my specs. So I guess I'll do that, even though it won't help you in any way (xD):

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H with Radeon Graphics, 2900 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
  • GPU 1: Name AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics
  • GPU 2: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti with Max-Q Design
  • OS Name and Version: Microsoft Windows 11 Home 10.0.22000 Build 22000
  • Total RAM: 16GB / 15,4GB (not sure which one is the one you want)
  • Model name: HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-ec1xxx

I want to post some feature requests and of course I first need to check if a thread like it already exists. In their post that you need to read before submitting a request, they tell me to use the search function to do that. But I can't find how to search only within Feature Requests > HitFilm on this site, so if I search for requests I want to make that possibly may have been made before, I get results form the entire FXhome community. Often, that's so many results that it would take way too long to dig through all of them. And if it's not that many, it's at least very inefficient. Am I missing something here? Is there an option to only search within a branch of the community? Because I really want to follow the rules and to do what is expected of me, in order to keep the community site clean.

PS one of my feature request posts has already been deleted. That means someone already requested it, which is good because I can upvote it. But because of the same issue with the search feature, I can't look for that already existing post. I also can't really look up if this question of mine about the search feature already exists in the Community Support branch, so if this post (the one you're reading right now) gets deleted too, I will have no way of knowing how to search for duplicate posts and thus I will sadly not be able to follow that rule efficiently (which, again, I really do want). :)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,685 Ambassador
    Answer ✓

Once you have performed your initial results, click where it says "°Filter Requests."

From there you'll be able to filter Discussion/Question/Poll, by Author, Title, within a date range, and by Forum Category.

Answers

• StinkTofu
    StinkTofu NetherlandsPosts: 8 Just Starting Out*

Thank you so much, @Triem23! Now I can check if I was actually the first one to come up with every idea I want to post. Well, I already could, but now I know how ;) I can now post requests while sure I'm not breaking the rules! :D

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,685 Ambassador

@StinkTofu I don't remember seeing an earlier request thread from you - and if I'd seen a duplicate, I wouldn't delete it, I'd merge it with the older thread and tag you, so you can up vote. If a request you made was deleted, sorry.

Speaking for the Staff and other Mods, we do appreciate that you'll be taking the time to try to make certain you're not posting duplicate requests. It does make our lives easier.