Black Flickering screen on video on the Viewer Tab & when exported?

Bella
Bella Posts: 4 Just Starting Out*
Hello! I had some error messages pop up like 3 weeks ago (another post) where it didn't let me export my video because the render process kept on crashing, so I had no success at exporting at all my video.

Then I went to go ask on Discord (I know I'm not supposed to sorry) and someone had the same issues with close enough specs. They said what helped them was to check OFF hardware decoding on the render settings.

GOOD NEWS! It helped me export the FULL video, BUT I then noticed the video came out with a black flickering screen on some parts of the video. And only one of my specific files the one recording the game, NOT the one recording my face, is flickering. Then I noticed when I previewed my video again on the viewer tab, it's also flickering black. Let me know what I can do plsss :[

SEE PICTURE!

Operating System: Windows 11

Product: HitFilm Express

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-1005G1 CPU @ 1.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.2GHz

Graphics card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics (Yes, they are updated)

RAM: 8.00 GB (7.70 GB useable)

Running 32-bit or 64-bit? 64-bit

Use Anti-virus software? Nothing that I've downloaded, but just the one that already comes with Windows.

Answers

• Bella
    Wait I can't add a picture, how do I show this?
  • Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,782 Ambassador
    edited January 14

@Bella You can add a picture from an outside image viewer by doing a Ctl A, Ctl C and then click your cursor in the forum message window and do Ctl V. Or click on the Image icon at the bottom of the message window (next to the smiley face) and browse for your image on your system drive.

As far as specs - even though your i3 is 10th gen, the minimum specs to run HF call for 6th Gen i5. So you are probably under spec with your CPU. You can read the full list of specs here: https://fxhome.com/support/hitfilm-express

And Win 11 is not currently supported. You should fall back to Win 10 - but even then that may be problematic due to having an i3.

• Bella
    @Stargazer54 Thanks for the insight, but as of now I'm hoping there is another option instead of just going back to windows 10 as then I would have to reset my whole computer clean. I guess I can save the files, but even then it's too much work. I feel like this isn't the main problem though as I'm in the process of fixing this issue with the support team. I believe they would've told me right off the bat.