Element 3D and Hitfilm Pro: Answers Please
Hello FXHome Team,
Listen - I have a few questions about the future of Video Copilot's Element Plugin. Before I begin - as you may know (or not) I've been around here for awhile. I'm a huge fan of Hitfilm Pro and in fact Hitfilm took me away from After Effects 5 years ago and I've never regretted the move. Thank you for that. ?
Now - Element 3D
- Are there plans to make Element work better with Hitfilm Pro? If not - then why not? You made it so we could use the VC plugins but then it appears you dropped the ball to make sure they were "fully" compatible with Hitfilm.
- Currently there is a huge issue with Element- On a PC - once a project is made/closed/re-opened the Scene Setup will not launch again or the project may simply refuse to open. Are you going to fix this? If not- why not?
- Points (Nulls) Currently Element can not create a 3D Null (ie:a Hitfilm Point). Are you going to fix this? If not - why not?
- Custom Texture Maps - Currently if you try and add a custom texture map Hitfilm will crash. Are you going to fix this? If not - then why not?
- The Install path - now many will not install After Effects on their system. I don't blame them. Currently the install path for Element requires After Effects to be installed. I know this is a product of the VC plugin itself. Have you asked Krammer's development team for a work around for this? If not- why not?
- There is more but that is enough for now....
There is a fairly large demand for this plugin to work. In fact people have told me that if Element worked in Hitfilm they would defiantly purchase Pro but most are disappointed that a) you show no official support when it comes to E3D and Hitfilm Pro in the form of informational tutorials directly fromvFXHome and b) some have told me that you have said through their support tickets that you have no plans to continue support for the plugin compatablity.
From my experience on the Mac Element 3D and Hitfilm Pro is 80% working but you have left the PC user behind. The Scene Setup launch is a product of the Hitfilm coding and not Element. This should be an easy fix for your team. This one thing alone would go miles in increasing your bottom line in dollar sales. I can say that at least 2 dozen people have talked to me about Element and Hitfilm. Now 2 dozen isn't many sales for you all...but if any of those users are like me over the long term those sales would generate a pretty penny for your endeavors.
Please - I respect you all so please respect me. Dont shrug this off - it's important to me and others. Please respond with actually answers to the questions.
Thanks for your time. Looking forward to some positive answers.