Video Looses Quality After Export - Gets Blurry & Pixelated - Why?

Acekay1607
Acekay1607 Posts: 1 Just Starting Out

Hi :)

I am using Hitfilm Express for over 2 years now and the problem I am going to describe never happened before until a few days ago. Nothing has changed on my setting or on my computer. Still the same as usual. Suddenly the videos are loosing quality after the export. Not the whole video though, always just a few seconds here and there within a 15-20 minutes video. The video is pixelated & blurry then. Looks like when you are watching YouTube on the lowest quality, liken when you have a super slow internet connection. (See attached screenshot)

This error occurs a few times in each video now, always a few seconds. The original video file does not have this problem and also when I edit the video inside hitfilm you don't see it pixelated. It only occurs after the export.

To export I am using the Youtube 1080 preset, 30 fps. Like I said before I havent changed anything, neither on my camera nor on the settings within Hiftilm or on my computer but suddenly every time I export a video, there are always a few seconds within the video that look very low quality.

I already re-installed Hitfilm new, installed the newest driver for my graphic card, cleared space on my laptop (free space is over 30GB now) and nothing works. Does someone has an idea how to fix this problem?

My system:

Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5 GHz

8GB DDR 4

NVIDIA GeForce 940MX

(Not the best to edit, but no problems with this system for the past 2 years)

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Cheers,

Ken

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

This seems to be related to the Timeline Cache and is an issue affecting a small amount of users.

A temporary solution is to disable Timeline caching in the File>Options menu, but you should talk to support. They are communicating with users having the issue and trying to collect data for the fix.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,034 Staff

@Triem23 I don't believe this is related to the timeline cache, I believe this is due to the changes made to the encoder in HF.

@Acekay1607 I recommend still contacting support as they can give you the exact steps, but I believe this issue will go away if you increase the bitrate for the export.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

@TheBenNorris for my own clarification, you're saying there's an encoder change in HF 17 Express? I thought starting with 15 HFX used the native OS encoders? I'll certainly want to update my Support cheat sheet, if so, as I don't want to hand out incorrect information. Thanks. 👍

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,034 Staff

@Triem23 ah scratch that, I just checked the patch notes and that doesn't seem to be the case at all, I could be completely wrong here, my apologies. I was pretty sure someone in support had mentioned that increasing the bitrate fixed these issues due to some changes.