My Worst Nightmare : Dedicated to stop motion animators

DafterThings
DafterThings Posts: 984 Enthusiast

Comments

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 571 Enthusiast

@DafterThings

Very nice! I always (most of the time) love your videos. I was even thinking of trying to make a stop motion myself. Where do you get the character models?

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

Now THAT'S a real nightmare scenario!

(bet "Wire Removal" could fix the hair...)

• DafterThings
    edited October 13

Thanks both.

The figures are Mega Construx which, in the UK, you can only get from ebay, US Amazon and, if you're lucky, UK Amazon. They're 2" high (about 5-6 cm) and, for their size, really well articulated. I could use Lego but, for me, they suit my videos better.

The usual way is to use rig removal if you have a suitable clean plate frame. It's so time consuming though if it's over multiple frames. I guess you could track the hair and use wire removal though. I nearly used a camera nudge as the thing that goes wrong but, when I thought about it, an unnoticed hair is a much bigger problem.

• DafterThings

Arrrghhh. Always get that idea after the contest closes.

Should have had a hair on the figure making the stop motion.

• Triem23

That would have been funny!

As it is, I think you have a strong and compelling entry. It'll certainly be different from everyone else's, and standing out is a good thing.

• DafterThings

Thanks. I do deserve to kick myself for missing it though. Going to be a strong contest. I've watched a LOT of entries and, although there is a theme developing, the quality and passion is really high.

• Triem23

I haven't watched as many entries. I don't watch entries for contests I'm entering until entries are closed - I don't want to be influenced/compare - so I'm not sure what theme you're seeing, other than that imposed by everyone waking from a looping nightmare.

I like your entry for the meta humor and being different in concept. I like MINE for being different in concept (and my last shot turned out killer). I like @solosamuraiwhatchef 's for its subtlety. I've now watched a few others.

I am seeing a lot of running through woods...

• DafterThings

Your last shot is a killer and it's beautiful overall. For me the standout is the tightness of that eye-shot and the breathy audio which really gets across a claustrophobic feel.

• CyberFighterMovie
    CyberFighterMovie Posts: 43 Enthusiast

Very fun! And yes, I concur, having done stop motion in the past (on Super 8 film!)...that truly IS a nightmare scenario!