Low export quality

FalterXV89
FalterXV89 Posts: 3 Just Starting Out*

Hi, I have been using hitfilms for many years in exporting videos via Youtube. Recently after the latest update to Hitfilms occurred I have started seeing a massive degradation of my recordings once exported. It doesn't seem to occur over the entire edit, and only seems to occur in small sections.

Generally, my exported footage is crystal clear, with the in-software viewer also presenting a clear image when played back.

I have also produced test versions of this footage prior to this update (as I am always working on products,) that have not resulted in this extreme degradation of image quality in small, and seemingly at random, sections of my video.

For reference, I am running the Youtube preset at 1080p for exporting, and have my product and media set to 1080 at 60 FPS, as I record at high quality.

I'm not sure what is causing this issue, and would like a solution to this problem as soon as possible.

I thought this might be a fluke when I saw it on a test export I did the other day, but ever since I have seen this on literally any project I have been working on over the past few months. Even completed projects which previously had no issues with this random pixilation of the image itself.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Answers

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,452 Ambassador

Please list your system specs per the sticky at the top of the Community Support area.

Also, do your project settings match the imported video? Have you made any changes to the YouTube 1080p preset? Below should be the defaults . Note, you can Save a Copy and make your own preset with specialized settings without disturbing the default preset. But nothing prevents you from editing the default which might lead to issues later.

• FalterXV89
    CPU : AMD Ryzen 7
    RAM : 16.0 GB
    GPU : 4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER

All current drivers are up to date.

Youtube preset is unchanged in my current project.
    When I create a project in hitfilms for Youtube videos, I typically use the 60 FPS 1080p Format.
    My footage's only difference is that the audio is 44100 instead of 48000 when I create the new projects.

I should update this as well, for "science" I tested a theory of uninstalling the latest edition of hitfilms (version 2021.2) and rolled back my hitfilms to version : 2021.1 to make an edit using the exact same settings and export presets as I used (and use,) in 2021.2.
    This rollback, without any changes to my export or project settings, produced an export that came out as they usually do.

So, the issue seems to be related to the newest version of hitfilms.
    I'm not sure what seems to be causing this issue in version 2021.2, and from what I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a logical reason why my exports in this version seem to be "deep fried" at random intervals.
  • TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,034 Staff

@dyrocc Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. Unfortunately, we don't know the exact cause of the issue, and we are currently gathering as much information as possible to try to identify any similarities between user machines having this issue, since we are unable to reproduce it on any test machine internally.

We are in no way "blaming" users. We are well aware this is an issue with the software, but unfortunately we need as much information as possible to attempt to identify the issue.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,034 Staff

To add on to my last comment, this issue in this thread I'm not entirely sure is actually related to the timeline cache at all. Support will be able to give a definitive answer, but I believe increasing the bitrate in the export should fix the issue, this may be due to a discrepancy in the new and old encoders.

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,452 Ambassador

@FalterXV89 If you haven't already, please open a support ticket here: https://fxhome.com/support.

Working with support directly will help the developers run down the issue. As @TheBenNorris says, the more information they have about what is going on in the field the sooner they can find a solution.

@mcnakahr If you are having similar issues, I urge you to contact support as well.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,097 Moderator

@dyrocc You are totally misunderstanding the point here. No one, and I mean NO ONE is blaming users configurations. The Devs are aware that there is an issue with a subset of total users and believe that 'some' arrangement of system configurations that they do not have in the lab as none of their machines nor many, many other users exhibits this issue. They are trying to run down where the issue with the software lies but they cannot without a number of support tickets to cross reference devices, OS, etc. to look for commonality. Just because they ask for specs does equate to them blaming users. That is a specious statement on your part. As far as your handle goes, I have seen no one changing it at all. You are free to change it at your whim as long as it isn't outside the guidelines i.e. profanity.

• FalterXV89
    I will take your advice and write a support ticket @Stargazer54 , thank you for that advice.
    Can you (or a moderator,) lock this thread since @dyrocc is determined to derail it and make it about himself? Thanks for the help.
This discussion has been closed.