Hitfilm Pro have audio sync option?

Thought I saw somewheres that Hitfilm Pro had an audio sync option.

Is there one or just wishful thinking on my part?

Answers

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

@ScottReid If you have a scratch audio that comes with your raw video as well as a high quality audio recorded at the same time, then you absolutely can sync those together. I use to do it all the time when I used my Zoom H1 recorder to record the audio during my tutorial captures.

The way it works is super simple. Drag and drop both the video with the scratch audio and the high quality audio into the Media Bin. Select them both, then right click on one and select Merge Audio/Video. If the merge is successful, a new file will appear in the Media Bin that contains the audio from the high quality audio source and the video from the video / scratch audio source, and they will be synced perfectly!

• ScottReid
    ScottReid Posts: 145 Enthusiast

@FilmSensei

Thanx for the input. Did not know that was a thing.

What I'm trying to do is sync up 3 separate videos and manually doing this is taking up a ton of editing time.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,080 Ambassador

I'll have to look on my backup drives because I used to have a bit of software that would synch up a bunch of video and audio files and spit out an EDL.

Can't remember the name...

Two issues. First, for Hitfilm use this software would spit out AAF. AAF import is Pro-Only. Secondly, I stopped using the program because I was faster at manual synch than the program.