QuickTime and HitFilm(closed)

jtjutsvfx
jtjutsvfx Website User Posts: 81 Enthusiast
edited September 3 in General

Hi there, I need to use QuickTime for my projects in HitFilm but I am concerned about it because apple is no longer updating it and therefore it is insecure. What should I do?

Thank you for your time!😊

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

HitFilm supports the vast majority of QuickTime files out of the box without actually installing QuickTime on your system. The only videos I recall having issues with are ones with with an Alpha channel (transparency), such as videos from VFX asset sites.

What is the source of the videos that need QuickTime?

• jtjutsvfx
    edited September 3

Thanks for the response! I have some videos from Productioncrate that require QuickTime. When I install QuickTime I decided to only install the essentials. So basically just the codec. I heard that the security issues were only with the media player and the browser extensions that QuickTime offers.

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,271 Moderator

The best thing I’ve found with ProductionCrate is to use the .PNG Sequence option. It keeps the transparency and imports into HitFilm as a full clip!

• jtjutsvfx
    edited September 3

Unfortunately I’ve downloaded more then 100 gigabytes of files from Productioncrate and it would take a very long time to download everything again not to mention my Productioncrate subscription expires in a few days and I only have 50 downloads per day.