Clever Tagline: Pie anyone? (Nov 2021)

18910111214»

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Posts: 3,108 Expert

I just have to say it again... That footprint effect looks so, so good! No need to apologize, however. It's not like you are getting paid to make that tutorial. 😀 No worries! We are patient people around here... take as long as you need!

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Posts: 3,315 Ambassador

I found myself singing a certain song while capturing video of the plethora of pies that were made for our Thanksgiving festivities (and there's still at least one pie to be made!), so I went a step farther and made this little ditty.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,096 Moderator

That's a lotta pies! Here I felt I overdid it with 2 pecan, 2 pumpkin a pumpkin cheescake and a pumpkin roll. BTW, that one pecan in your video looks perfect!

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Posts: 3,426 Ambassador

@CleverTagline Yum! That gave me a chuckle.

And no - there is never enough pie!

• DataDesign
    DataDesign Posts: 568 Enthusiast

Great graphics on Em-PIE-r. :-)

When everyone left, I had 4 pies left. Could not convince anyone to take them home! Oh well, I guess I will have to force myself to eat them.

• CleverTagline

We all thought that we knew how the pie story would end, but there was a plot twist (a.k.a. an accident) during cooking yesterday. A dish exploded, sending glass shards onto six of the pies, ruining them (the others had been moved to a different table across the room). They were some of the nicest-looking pies, too, including the pecan pie that Terry so kindly praised. On the plus side, two chocolate pies hadn't yet been made, and rumor has it that a replacement pecan pie is in the works (Return of the Jed-pie?).

Oh well, I guess I will have to force myself to eat them.

"Force" yourself...is that a sneaky Star Wars reference? 😉

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,096 Moderator
    edited November 26

Oh, no! Sorry for your losses. I had a similar incident one year for some dinner. I set a glass baking dish down on a burner that was cold but in amongst the cooking and reach I must have bumped the knob and it was on ever so slightly but enough that by the time I realized something was getting hot and reached for it...Boom! Everything in the near vicinity was trashed because broken glass...you cannot take chances.

• CleverTagline

I had a similar incident one year for some dinner. I set a glass baking dish down on a burner that was cold put in amongst the cooking and reach I must have bumped the knob and it was on ever so slightly but enough that my the time I realized something was getting hot and reached for it...Boom!

@tddavis That's an almost word-for-word description of what happened here. My wife was the one involved, and thankfully she only ended up with a small shard of glass embedded in her pinky. We were all extra thankful yesterday that it wasn't worse!