I just purchased hitfilm pro 2021

jaikez
jaikez Website User Posts: 25 Just Starting Out*
edited August 27 in General

i just purchased hitfilm pro 2021 will i be getting the upgrade for free that i believe comes out in december of this year or what price would i have to pay to upgrade can anyone please tell me

Answers

• Gelqone
    Gelqone Website User Posts: 89 Enthusiast

Yes, you have 12 month of free updates, including new versions. Go to your account where you will see your free update period.

• pwwowowowo
    pwwowowowo Website User Posts: 12 Just Starting Out*

Asked this question on the forum and they responded with

"Yes, there is. After your 12 month ends you can renew your year of upgrades usually at a discount price then the first time purchase price. Also, you can time the renewal with one of the seasonal sales for more savings, or you can continue to use your copy as is and renew later. If you choose to wait, I am not certain when the renewal discount ceases to be available though, but any sales discounts would still apply." - tddavis

for your question about the price I cannot find how to upgrade guessing as I am on the newest update Guessing around £50

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

@pwwowowowo I made this little video capture showing how to navigate to the update routine and showing how you can see your renewal period. Hope it answers any lingering questions from my first response.

• pwwowowowo
  • tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,055 Moderator

@pwwowowowo That number does change to reflect sales and such, but it does automatically apply those applicable when a user is logged in.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,927 Ambassador

@pwwowowowo your hopes for a $50 Hitfilm Pro update are unrealistic.

Understand, Hitfilm Pro includes Foundry Camera Tracker, Mocha Hitfilm and the BCC 3D Objects module, as well as other, licensed tech (like the Mainconcept mp4 encoder).

FXhome pays for that. Looking at the Express add-on store shows that BCC and Mocha cost $50. Now I know FXhome keeps none of that. I know FXhome pays Boris for version upgrades (and, in the case of Express users eats the upgrade cost when those are updated - FXhome actually loses money on Express owners with those add ons). I have no idea what FXhome pays in total for the third party tech, but, several years ago I guessed FXhome paid out over $100 in license fees for every Pro sale/upgrade. The response from FXhome CEO Josh Davies was that I had underestimated in FXhome's favor - and that was before Foundry was added.

So, while I don't know the exact cost of third party license fees for HF Pro, I know it's over $100, maybe over $150 (after Foundry). Which means, when an FXhome sale drops extensions to about $190, FXhome is paying out most of that to other companies and maybe making $50.

Hitfilm Pro is quite fairly priced.

• pwwowowowo

Yeah I thought it would be cheap as we already own it ): £247 is about how much it costs without the 3rd party plugins its really advanced so don't think I would ever need to upgrade so thats good just expensive maybe a thing I would upgrade every 5 years or something like that