Is there any stock footage service that allows search by framerate?

laconstantedeplanck
laconstantedeplanck Website User Posts: 68 Enthusiast

I usually use Pexels and Pixabay mostly, as both of them are great services to get awesome stock footage. I usually shoot at 25 FPS.

When editing in Hitfilm, I'm always getting the things messy as different stock footage clips have different framerates and it always ends up with some sort of slutter when exporting the video, especially when 30 FPS videos being downsampled to 25 FPS (that's a 17% drop).

I'm missing the ability to filter videos based on their framerate on both Pexels and Pixabay. I've also checked Artgrid.io, but it seems it's missing that feature as well.

How do you guys workaround this?

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador

Storyblocks/Videoblocks offers filtering by frame rate. They are a pay service. Can't think of a free one that filters by frame rate.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,009 Staff

@laconstantedeplanck thanks for mentioning that this isn't available in artgrid.io, i've actually raised this internally as something that could be a good feature request, so hopefully something may come of it!

• laconstantedeplanck
    laconstantedeplanck Website User Posts: 68 Enthusiast

@TheBenNorris You're welcome. Yeah, I wanted to note Artgrid because of the recent acquisition just in case it could help :)

@Triem23 Never heard from Storyblocks before, it seems good for the price. I'd check that out and then wait for a future Artgrid discount for FXHome's users, just in case it happens :)