Action Pro updates?

Batvink
Batvink Website User Posts: 66 Just Starting Out*

Are there any updates on what is happening with Action Pro?

I've had it for about a year now and it's still in an unusable state as discussed a few months ago. There was input from the FXHome team that it was going to be dealt with, especially the tiny little drawing window that was the root of most of the problems.

My license is due to expire in a month and I'll be left with something that is of no practical use.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,995 Just Starting Out

Covid probably halted development. Action Pro is Josh's project, and being the CEO during this time could mot have been easy on his schedule.

• Martyprod
    Martyprod Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

Hello, any news about the developpement of the "new" version of Action Pro ? we're end of august 2021. is it dead or ??

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,941 Ambassador
    edited August 22

@Martyprod

Action Pro is no longer listed on the Products page. Safe to assume it's dead.

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 386 Enthusiast

It came with that humble bundle a while back. I dabbled with a few times and that was about it. I dunno how practical it ever was. I feel like they have been biting off more than they can chew for a while anyway. But with everyone saying FXHome being acquired by Artlist will result in additional resources then perhaps they might start working on it again.

• Martyprod

Hey, it's how i got action pro... but they were promising that the whole application will be redone and that anybody which got the licence will get the new one but... i don't beleive this anymore. i was not aware about this :

"acquired by Artlist"

thanks for this info.

• StevenSpicer
    StevenSpicer Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester Posts: 47 Staff

Hi all,

Thanks for raising this topic. Hopefully, I can provide some answers.

Unfortunately, we had to take a hiatus on Action Pro development as one of the tools that we used as part of the foundation of the app had not been updated and made it impossible for us to produce release-worthy software.

Unfortunately, in the past three years, there has been no change on this matter, so due to the long period of being unable to develop and iterate on this software, we've had to discontinue the product. We're very sorry for any inconvenience caused.

All the best,

Steven (FXhome Staff)

• KirstieT
    KirstieT Staff Administrator, Moderator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,085 Staff

hey @Martyprod thanks for your comment. Action Pro was an experimental beta product, and as it was developed, it required a need for a critical Unity UI Toolkit update. After 3 years, this update has still unfortunately not been released by Unity and as a result, it is not possible for us to develop Action Pro any further. Because of this, we have stopped development and removed it from the website. Those with Action Pro will keep their license forever - we will not be charging for additional months - as we understand that this limits the software for some users.

I hope that answers your question.

• Martyprod

yes, it's answer too that the project is dead, so no need to wait. fortunatly the bundle where the software was sold with was not expensive. but it's sad, not usable and .. well it's dead lol. thanks for the infos.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,941 Ambassador
    edited August 25

@StevenSpicer @KirstieT thank you for the clarification.

@Martyprod the FXhome/Artlist merger was announced last month. Here's the FXhome blog post.

And, FWIW, my own video on the topic. FXhome was nice enough to let me excerpt sections of an internal meeting between FXhome Staff and forum moderators featuring Josh talking about why FXhome decides to go this route.