Vegas Pro 19 and Hitfilm Pro

downunder
downunder Website User Posts: 14 Enthusiast

Does/will Vegas Pro 19 and Hitfilm Pro 5.2 have the same integration function as in previous versions of Vegas Pro

Best Answer

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador
    Accepted Answer

I do not believe Hitfilm 5.2 (2017?) Will be able to integrate with Vegas 19. Did you mean Hitfilm 15.2?

It most likely will not. Because of how Hitfilm and Vegas both make changes to their core code and add new features, and since older software versions are no longer updated after the newest version comes out it's quite likely that one will require HF 16.0 or later to integrate with Vegas Pro 19. It might even have to wait until the next update?

@TheBenNorris can you confirm/correct?

Answers

• downunder
    downunder Website User Posts: 14 Enthusiast

Oops, yes, it is indeed version 15.2. Thank you for your quick response. I have now been advised on what to do.

Stay Safe

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 386 Enthusiast

Either of you guys use 19 yet? Seems like a very skippable version.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador
    edited August 20

@Dimipapa I might skip Vegas 19, and I've used Vegas since version one and the only version I've skipped so far was 6.

Of course part of that is Covid collapsed my business. I even withdrew from the beta test program because I'm not cutting enough footage to be useful as a Tester. When I have been cutting, it's been in 17 because both 18 and the 19 beta weren't displaying footage correctly. My preview window was just a blocky mess. The same clips worked perfectly in 17.

But, I'm shifting to an ATEM/BMPCC setup to try to reduce the need for hiring other cam ops to drop my prices, and, with the ATEM ISO providing a Resolve Timeline I might also end up moving to Resolve after 22 years of Vegas as my prime editor. This thought actually disturbs me.

• Dimipapa
    Dimipapa Website User Posts: 386 Enthusiast

Phewww I been using vegas since 2007 so about 14 years. I've skipped lots of versions though. I started on Movie Studio 8, was dissapointed with movie studio 9 but then got movie studio 10 HD most because they upped movie studio's old oppressive 4 track limit to 10 which was huge for me. Then Pro 12 was my first version of Pro which I used for quite a long time until I upgraded to Pro 16 which I really liked a lot. Then I got 18, which there are several new features I have no taken advantage of. 19 Seems really light on new features but maybe the UI changes and hopefully increased stability is good. I've dabbled with resolve, It's a good program. And the color tools make vegas look like a kid playing with crayons. Fortunately I'm not so great at color grading anyway. Though working with so much poorly lit footage has made me better at color correction. I really don't want to learn another NLE either. I've missed out on so much potential work just because I don't use adobe premiere. But despite knowing the program very well, there are still people that know it even more inside and out. One guy on the official forum Marco, I feel like he knows everything there is to know. Or at least I never came up with a question he didn't know the answer to.