Differences between Hitfilm Express, Pro and Ignite

pentstudios
pentstudios Website User Posts: 1

Hello guys, im a little bit confuse about the products, if anyone can help me i'll apreciate. What difference betwen express and pro version.

Another doubt, if a buy pro version without ignite pro plugin i'll get less FX effects or no?

Answers

• iamkhanproductions
    iamkhanproductions Website User Posts: 391 Enthusiast

it depends what you'll use it for.. if your on a budget express addons is the way ..

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 5,004 Moderator
    edited July 16

@pentstudios As I understand it, Ignite does not give you any different effects than ones already in Pro. It is only to let you use your effects in a compatible software like AE, Resolve and a few others. If you dont use those programs at all, then Ignite won't help you. Pro comes with all the add-on effects in Express plus has a few features (I can't readily recall) that you cannot purchase for Express as well. It used to be 3D model import was Pro only but now there is an add-on for that. Also, Pro can be activated on up to 3 of your machines at the same time, but Express only one. You can install Express on several but only one can be activated at a time and rendered from without watermarks. Hope this helps you out.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,112 Ambassador
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,809 Ambassador

@tddavis and @Andy001z pretty much have to covered, but, to re-summarize.

Pro has every feature in Express, including every feature in every Express add-on. Additionally, Pro has another 60 or so exclusive effects and features. I beta test Hitfilm and can say the next version will add another few Pro exclusive effects and features. Perhaps most notable is Express cannot use third party plug ins (except those available as add-ons in the Express store), while Hitfilm Pro can use third party OFX plug ins from Boris/Imagineer (including the full Mocha Pro), Red Giant, NewBlue, Re: Vision and a limited selection of After Effects plug ins from Red Giant and Video Copilot.

Express can be activated (export without watermark) on one machine, Pro on three.

Ignite has nothing to do with Hitfilm, but is FXhome's plug in suite for Resolve, Avid, Premiere, Ae, Vegas Pro, FCPX and a few other editors.

• krishd3
    krishd3 Website User Posts: 52 Enthusiast
    edited August 16

The video clearly tells the difference about Hitfilm Pro and Hitfilm Express:-

And talking about Ignite Pro, Ignite Pro gives you 190 professional plugins to fire up After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, or any other major host. Experiment with over 565 visual effects, presets, and the industry's best suite of 360° filters. ... Ignite Pro is intended as a 3rd party plugin for other compatible programs. Hitfilm Pro already comes with Ignite Pro plugins.

• krishd3
    edited August 16

@Triem23 I partially disagree the last paragraph you wrote, Ignite Pro plugins come with Hitfilm Pro, Not sure, but I perhaps read that Express also supports Ignite's plugins, But from a different point of view you are also right at your point.

I hope this community doesn't mind constructive criticism, because I do constructive criticism where-ever a person is incorrect or wrong (are incorrect and wrong the same words?).

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,809 Ambassador

@krishd3 incorrect. Hitfilm Express cannot run Ignite Pro. Ignite Pro is OFX and OFX compatibility is a Pro-Only feature. Hitfilm Express has its own add-on store. Yes, all the Express Store add-on effects are in Ignite, but Ignite has effects not available at all in Express, and Express has features unavailable in Ignite.

Constructive criticism is fine. It's a good way to learn. 👍

• krishd3

Yes, I was already unsure that it is available in express, I had a feeling that I am wrong, that's why I wrote "Not Sure" and "Perhaps" in the Original Post.