Adjusting volume during transition fade

just learning to make vids, as i stictch together sounds, just one but repeating one after the other. when it goes from one stitch to another you can notice it so i tried fade transition, but there is a noticeable drop off in volume when i do that, is there a link that i can see the exact method to adjust those points of volume ?

Comments

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,268 Ambassador

@starbeingprime You can manually adjust the volume on your audio track with keyframes. Select the audio track and open the Controls panel for the audio. Move the slider in the editor where you want to start a fade and click in the circle to create a key frame. After that, move the slider on the timeline to where you want the volume to change and then move the level slider to set a new keyframe. (You can also put your mouse over the dB value and slide that with the mouse, too)

If you have two video/audio tracks, a manual cross fade would look like this:

You can also do the same with Opacity for the video layer. But I've found that in most cases the builtin Transitions- Audio, Crossfade and Transitions - Video, Cross Dissolve are quicker to use. However, there are times that you have to use manual keyframes to get the effect you want.