I’ve gone viral!

Mercifull
Mercifull Website User Posts: 23 Just Starting Out*
edited July 1 in Show off

This is my original tweet. Took me about 15 mins to make one lunchtime as a joke to my half dozen or so followers. But then it went a bit viral. There’s over a million views on my own timeline plus at least another 4million on various other people who stole it on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and tiktok without credit haha

https://twitter.com/mercifull/status/1410196250062897154

Comments

• Mercifull

For those who aren’t British and don’t necessarily “get” the joke, it’s our Prime Minister awkwardly cheering on England scoring a goal against Germany but the screen is replaced by cctv footage of a recently disgraced cabinet minister who was coughs snogging an aide. The joke is that “he scored” has a double meaning.

• Mercifull

Had I known it would go viral I’d have put in a bit more effort into the quad warp. Also I’d have added some sort of watermark.

edited with Hitfilm pro but an old version from 2018/9. I don’t think I used anything that isn’t possible in the latest version of Express though.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,113 Ambassador
    edited July 2

It's well timed, and simple, which are often the best. See if you can get an interview I on the BBC or such. Bet you could.

• Mercifull

I’ve now joined the ranks of “who did this” creators. 😂