My Hitfilm Express won't run

pinkvanillasecretxx
pinkvanillasecretxx Website User Posts: 5 Just Starting Out*

So I have had Hitfilm for 3 years now and I am just now coming across this problem. About 2 weeks ago I accidentally hit the minimize button in the top right corner. After that Hitfilm Express crashed and I had to close it. When I tried to open it back up it would start to run and show up in the application bar, I would hover over the application and it would show up in a miniwindow like how it does when you hover over google chrome and it shows your open tabs. But when I click Hitfilm it wouldn't work. It would stay transparent so that I could see to what application was behind it. My screen would have YouTube open and a folder file open and I would click the Hitfilm app and I would still be able to see my open Youtube and my folder. But when I click around I would be sent to a Hitfilm tutorial because I would still be able to interact with Hitfilm but I wasn't able to see it.

It still runs in task manager and it would take the same amount of CPU it normally takes. I have enough space on my computer and my computer is up to date.

Last note, when I go to uninstall it, it will say "repair" on it, I'll click repair and it'll go through the loading of repairing it then it will just stop and act like it never did anything, the repair will still be there.

If someone could help I'd be much obliged, I've reinstalled the software 12 different times, both from the site and from the installer aswell as deleted all pathways many times. I don't wanna stop using this software because I do love editing on it.

Comments

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,111 Ambassador

Hi, that is very odd. I would uninstall and then re-install. That way hopefully the setting that is making it not open but have gone back to defaults.

What version of HF are you running?

Make sure your GPU drivers are up-to-date

Good luck

• pinkvanillasecretxx
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled it about 24 times already, sadly the defaults haven't been changing.

I am running the current version, it's like, 16? I have no idea the current number lol,

Mmhhmm, my GPU drivers are up-to-date!

Haha, thanks for the help anyways.
  • Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,111 Ambassador

Maybe try

If a window won't maximize, press Shift+Ctrl and then right-click its icon on the taskbar and select Restore or Maximize, instead of double-clicking on the icon. Press Win+M keys and then Win+Shift+M keys to minimize and then maximize all windows.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,991 Moderator

@pinkvanillasecretxx You wouldn't by any chance have recently added a 2nd monitor, woukd you? Some users have weird issues with tjose although they are mostly described as white screens but I thought might be worth asking.

• pinkvanillasecretxx
    @Andy001z I will try that.
  • pinkvanillasecretxx
    @tddavis No, I do not have a second monitor.