How to give 2D objects 3D appearences

Saucepocalypse
Saucepocalypse Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*

I'm quite new to Hitfilm and while I've had it for a bit I have been putting off using it up until now, either way now that I'm using it I'm not used to how to do certain things I was able to do on my old editor (lightworks).

In short, I am trying to make a 2D image look as though it is 3D, images should be shown to give a general feel as to what I'm trying to accomplish here on Hitfilm (images are from lightworks).

As you can see the 3D DVE changed how the image looks comparatively to how it used to, simply making it easier to blend in with slanted objects in a background etc. Is there a way to effectively pull this off in Hitfilm? Thanks for any and all help provided.

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador

Several options including making the layer 3D and rotating it (you can motion track to make this easier), Perspective Warp and Quad Warp.

• Saucepocalypse
    Saucepocalypse Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out*
    > @Triem23 said:
    > Several options including making the layer 3D and rotating it (you can motion track to make this easier), Perspective Warp and Quad Warp.

Thank you! Helps a lot with the project I'm working on!
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,933 Ambassador

No problem. Let us know if you need more detail. The warp effects are in the warp folder in the Effects Panel, but don't overlook the search bar at the top. Quad should find Quad Warp, for example.