A Question On Exporting

fxhomer274922
fxhomer274922 Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*
edited April 4 in General

So I have cut a 1 hour & 48 minute video into 20 minute segments, ok? Basically set the Slice line to 20 minutes, slice, add to export queue, remove from timeline, drag clip to start, slice again, etc.

So I get to the final part of the video, and I add a blank screen, some text, and a sound effect. ..But it won't add to export queue TOGETHER. Instead, it acts like each item I added is a separate thing to be exported. Basically, the export queue shows a 28 minute video, then a separate 30 second audio clip, then a separate 30 second blank screen with text.

And I'm worried of just exporting the whole thing because the 'project' has about 1 hour of nothing behind the 28 minutes of video. I'm worried that will render in as just dead air.

So the question is; how do I export the 28 minutes of video, plus the text/blank screen/audio I added? Or how do I cut down the 1 hour of nothing after the end of the video? It's not blank video or anything, it's just empty timeline.

Comments

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,724 Moderator

@fxhomer274922 You are using the export contents selection and for some reason there is something there that Hitfilm thinks is more content. You need to set an In point at the beginning of your project and then an Out point where you want it to end and use export In/Out to force Hitfilm to see a Stop point for the export.

Just an FYI there could something as small as 1 frame left over from an end at the end of the timeline that cannot be seen unless you use the Zoom ctrl slider to really dig down to the nitty gritty. Hope this helps you out.

• fxhomer274922
    fxhomer274922 Website User Posts: 6 Just Starting Out*

Ok, I'll have to look up how to set in/out points again. It's been awhile since I touched Hitfilm Express.

• tddavis
    tddavis Moderator, Website User Posts: 4,724 Moderator

The controls are at the bottom left hand corner of the viewer window and looks like an Arrow going into a box and one coming out if that helps.