Reduced Image quality plus overlyfluid sliding/selection tool

dele_p_official
dele_p_official Website User Posts: 11 Just Starting Out
edited March 9 in HitFilm

Hello pls I'd gladly appreciate if someone could give me clarifications and solutions as regarding my concerns:

Ok first of all why did hitfilm reduce the picture quality of the photos I overlaid on a video?

Second of all (I hope to describe this as best as I can) why is it that when I try to or when I tried increasing the duration time of my picture overlay clip by extending the slider/selector started behaving funny it became over drawy or overly fluid and at a point extending it to the exact point I wanted was now showing me option to take the clip up and down; above and below the channel it was? This was so annoying! Something similar happened when I also tried bringing it down from the channel it was to just before my primary/background video. PS: I don't even know how it left the channel just after the Primary video's where I initially put it, it just kept on coming down by far too many channels below where I actually wanted to put it: Over drawiness! If there is such a word.

PS: Snapping tool was on as well. Had to toggle between turning off and turning on so I will see if there would be a difference but it was basically the same thing. 😰😓

I purchased hitfilm Content Creator Package after all the multiple positive reviews I read about hitfilm thinking there would be no need to use any other video editing software.. Was I wrong?

Answers

• dele_p_official
    edited March 9
  • TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,886 Staff

I'm not entirely sure I understand the issue you're having.

With regards to the image quality being reduced, it would be good to know a few things:

• What size is your original content compared to your project? How big is it in the project? Screenshots help a lot here.
    • What are your system specs?
    • Are your viewer settings set to downsample or display in full quality?

With regards to the "over drawy" controls:

• I'm not sure what that means, perhaps a mod understands a little better.
    • Are you trying to extend the length of a picture or video? These will not work the same way.
    • If you are trying to extend a picture, then make sure you are grabbing the end of the clip - a different cursor will appear.
    • If the timeline is scrolling too much, then I recommend zooming out, increasing the size of the timeline, or taking your time. There have been a few people that have mentioned this now I think, but I've never had any issues with it, so it could potentially be an issue based on screen size or something similar.
  • dele_p_official
    edited March 11

Thanks Ben Norris.

Over-drawy; superfluously, Overextending: both vertically (up and down) and horizontally. Funny enough, today the extender and slider wasn't as bad.

Size hmm🤔🤔

One of the picture sizes 2.65mb on my phone (Redmi note 8 Pro), on my laptop 2.52mb (also I noticed the picture details, colour and everything kind of dropped a little on my Laptop) maybe it's because it's now been viewed/magnified on a much larger screen, I don't know. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I attached some photos. If you notice carefully in the trimmer section my eyes are somehow tainted especially the left one. The quality is affected.

Both the Trimmer viewer and the preview viewer showed reduction in qualities and intricate details of the photo. The pictures I managed to attach also shows the post edited look of the picture with the sharpen effect in use in the previewer. Can't really say am satisfied though as it doesn't really look or carry the exact intricate details as "a photo/picture" on my Laptop. I don't know if you get me?

Picture Resolution on Software: 3472 × 4624

System details:

Graphics in Use: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8130U CPU @ 2.20GHZ

Processor Speed: 2208 MHz

Physical Memory: 8101 MB