Blender Tracker to VEGAS Effects (Hitfilm Pro 15)

datoaliffalex
datoaliffalex Posts: 42 Enthusiast
edited November 2020 in HitFilm

I'm using VEGAS POST Suites from VEGAS Creatives Software, and VEGAS Effects does not have Sonic Foundry 3D Tracker. The alternative I found is to use Blender.

But, in order to extract tracking data & import the data to VE, you will need sort of a special script. Which in this case FXHome did create this 3D tracker exporter for Hitfilm Pro. https://gitlab.com/schwar/hitfilm-exporter-for-blender

Problem now, it's made for Hitfilm software, not VEGAS Effects. Even tho its a same software, I still cant import any hitfilm pro presets etc to VEGAS Effects.

Anyone kind enough to edit that python script?

Tagged:

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,070 Ambassador
    edited November 2020

Changing an HFP file extension to vegfxp should open the project in Vegas Effects

• Triem23
    edited November 2020

@spydurhank (Frank) has created an entire custom build of Blender called FILMER which you can explore here: The animations on the ome page are Hitfilm renders after Frank brought his scenes out of FILMER.

The FILMER build not only has a similar exporter to write out comp shots, he's added in all kinds of other tools to assist in moving from Blender to Hitfilm or Vegas Effects... Like, you'll have a full-on Hitfilm panel in the Blender interface. Additionally, Frank's been writing custom shaders for Blender that are much faster than those built into Blender, and he's developed amazing workflow to transfer full render passes over to HF/VE for final compositing.

Frank charges for the product, but I feel it's worth the money. Full disclosure - I'm one of Franks testers, so I've been comped, but I've also paid for the software (and am coming up on "renewing") because I genuinely think Frank's created an amazing too.

• datoaliffalex
    datoaliffalex Posts: 42 Enthusiast
    edited November 2020

Cool! So FILMER is like a plugins for Hitfilm Pro?

Is the IO file u uploaded able to export Blender tracking data to VEGAS Effects right? just simply rename it to PY.

• tddavis
    tddavis Posts: 5,096 Moderator

@datoaliffalex Not a plug-in, more of a custom build of Blender that has an exporter to play nice with Hitfilm built-in among it's many other custom tools.

• Triem23

@datoaliffalex Nope, as tddavis notes, it's a custom build of Blender (2.9) Where Frank @spydurhank has created a set of tools to help transfer Blender scenes into Hitfilm as well just a bunch of rewrites in general. Custom material shaders, new sky tools, and some serious speed improvements over standard Blender. As I linked to the Filmer site, above, you should check it out.

• spydurhank
    spydurhank Posts: 3,193 Expert

Thank you for the very kind share Mike. @Triem23

@datoaliffalex

Feel free to ask any questions, I'm actually rendering out a demo video right now on exporting an entire 3D scene to VEGAS using my techniques and software. I'll post it here for you when I'm done so you can Check it out. :)