New Folder and Delete Buttons on the Bottom of the Effects Panel - Gone!

FilmSensei
FilmSensei Posts: 3,211 Expert

I was working on a project and I just realized that both the New Folder and Delete Buttons on the bottom of the Effects Panel are gone. Does anyone know where they went?

What it use to look like...

What it looks like now...

Best Answer

Answers

• NumberedBore7
    NumberedBore7 Posts: 20 Just Starting Out

I'm not sure. This also happened to me and I couldn't seem to find where they've been moved

• FilmSensei

@TheBenNorris Can you confirm for me whether or not this change in HitFilm is intentional? See above for the details.

What I am wondering is, did the Devs remove the New Folder and Delete buttons from the bottom of Effect Panel on purpose? I no longer have the ability to move around my Preset Effects. I am making a tutorial that involves Presets, so I need to know in order to say in the tutorial.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

• FilmSensei

@TheBenNorris Thank you! Wow, it works just like it's suppose to. I think maybe I will do a video on this.

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Posts: 2,042 Enthusiast

@FilmSensei good to hear that it does work as expected. A video could be a good idea, if people in future have issues I'll be able to link them to it.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,421 Power User

@FilmSensei yeah, do a video. I hadn't actually caught this change, but it's a big one.

I'd actually already been in the habit of shifting things around directly in the file tree on the program drive - but another reason to cover it is as part of the procedure to migrate presets across computers... Since I just put a brand new machine in service, I just moved all my presets and custom workspaces between machines...

(side note - the older machine was several years old and, on the new machine I was surprised to see many of my "custom" presets existing... A long time ago I sent a bunch of my presets to FXHOME for possible inclusion, but hadn't realized they'd actually been included. All those title safe presets are mine...)

• FilmSensei