[ENHANCEMENT] Select gaps to ripple delete

Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 931 Enthusiast
edited September 28 in HitFilm

The ability to actually select the gap and delete the gap like in Adobe Premiere. As shown in this video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2pFXv-wFxg&ab_channel=SurfacedStudio

Comments

• triforcefxtriforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,060 Moderator

I’ve edited your title so that people can find it easier

• Andersen01498Andersen01498 Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 931 Enthusiast
  • fxhomer229668fxhomer229668 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Hi :)

Consider you are editing this project... You spent a long time making these edits but didn't use the ripple tool. How much time do you think you could save by bringing these clips together at once versus individually? Would you start over and use the ripple tool? It would probably take a minute or to manually bring them together as long as toggle snap is on, whereas being able to select them all at once and delete the spaces would take less than a second. (In this program is is ctrl+j)

After individually bringing the clips together, I still want to make the project time shorter by deleting some of the clips. After doing this I would have to move the remaining sections manually again.

So in summation... "Select all" - "Remove spaces between clips"

Pretty please??? I've seen other Hitfilmers in different forums trying to find a solution :(

Make your votes count people :p

Thanks for reading :D

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,262 Ambassador

@fxhomer229668 I've merged your thread with this older one making the same request (keeps things tidy). Make certain you upvote the post at the top of the thread. 😊

• fxhomer229668fxhomer229668 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out