Audio on exported clips is way out of sync

Since updating to the latest version of hitfilm express I'm having problems exporting clips from one of my cameras. I used to use the youtube 1080 profile in earlier versions but now when I do that I get an error that "The sample rate 32000 Hz is not supported by the encoder".

I've tried specifying a different sample rate, 44100 and 48000 which then allows the export to complete but the audio is then way out of sync. 

Any ideas what I need to tweak in order to be able to export my clips as I used to?

Thanks in advance 

Comments

• TheBenNorris
    TheBenNorris Staff Administrator, Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,863 Staff

@ellrocko sounds like there is a chance that your project and export sample rates are difference? Perhaps that could be causing problems?

• fxhomer258239
    fxhomer258239 Website User Posts: 1

I'm having this same issue. While editing, everything looks perfect. Once I export, the sound is out of sync--my speaking is ahead of the video. The video is 56 minutes long (a lecture). Interestingly, the clips I have included (from other sources for reference in the lecture) are not out of sync. Only the clips of me talking or singing.

Project rate is the same as my videos: 30fps at 44100. Exporting "same as source." 

• Stargazer54
    Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,148 Ambassador

@fxhomer258239 Best guess is your incoming footage is Variable Frame Rate.  That is probably the reason for audio lag.  Try converting to Constant Frame Rate with Handbrake.

• camilozeta
    camilozeta Website User Posts: 1

Have you managed to sort it out guys? I have the same problem but fortunately youtube after processing synchronizes it on it's own. I tried everything, importing audio in a wav file, in mp3 with constant bit rate. In hitfilm they are okay and in sync, but after exporting the audio is out of sync. I have the same bitrates in my mp3 and m4v files as in project and in export preset. If anyone knows what's wrong please help.

• CleverTagline
    CleverTagline Moderator Las Vegas, NVModerator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,253 Ambassador

@camilozeta Are you transcoding your footage before editing? If not, that may be partly to blame. 

If you’re not familiar with transcoding, I strongly suggest watching this video by @Triem23 . It talks about why transcoding is important and shows several ways to do it using various tools.

• roaringsealion
    roaringsealion Website User Posts: 1

I was able to solve this because I had different framerates. My gopro footage recorded at 59.97 or something fps, and I was exporting at 60. So as the video went on, it got more out of sync. When I set it to export as the same framerate as the source, that fixed my issue. Hope this helps!