Optical Flow

SteveLAdams
SteveLAdams Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Is there a way with HitFilm to produce the Premier Pro "Optical Flow" effect, where clips can be slowed way down and run glass-smooth by creating and inserting new frames between the frames that are already in the clip?

Thanks - Steve

Comments

• triforcefx
    triforcefx United StatesModerator, Website User Posts: 1,269 Moderator

@SteveLAdams

Unfortunately, HitFilm does not currently have any sort of frame interpolation tech like that yet. Feel free to add it to the Wishlist thread, however, don’t expect it to be added tomorrow. Something like this would likely cost quite a few development hours, and the dev team has to focus on what features are most wanted or needed by the userbase.

• SteveLAdams
    SteveLAdams Website User Posts: 3 Just Starting Out

Ok.  Thanks. I'll add it.  Once you see and use this effect, though, it's not possible to settle for the jerky slo-mo you get by repeating frames.  Something new comes alive in  the video.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 19,927 Ambassador

Bear in mind Twixtor can use Hitfilm Pro as a host and Twixtor is the king of interpolation. Waaay better than Premiere. 

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,995 Just Starting Out
    edited January 2020

Assuming you're in any way unhappy with Optical Flow and are looking for a HitFilm alternative to try out, Twixtor is used for pretty much all action sports footage due to the accuracy that you get. Premiere's Optical Flow as mentioned doesn't even come close. In this case I'd use the right tool for the job, HitFilm is great but start building your toolbox!

It's definitely costly: https://revisionfx.com/products/twixtor/hitfilm/

• anshuman9817
    anshuman9817 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out

Can I run Hitfilm Express in 4 GB of ram

• anshuman9817
    anshuman9817 Website User Posts: 2 Just Starting Out
    [{"insert":"Can I create a glowing scribble outline effect like After Effects, in free version of Hitfilm\n"}]