Looking for alien fighter 3d models...

HeySiri
HeySiri Website User Posts: 382 Just Starting Out*

For my sci-fi short film, the main characters find an alien fighter (a fighter meaning the type of ship an X-Wing or a TIE Fighter is). There are six characters, but the cockpit of said shuttle only has two seats. This is a major part of the story, that only two of them can fit in. The 3d model of the fighter and the cockpit could be separate models but it's easier if the cockpit comes with the fighter, but I'm willing for them to be separate.

I have searched extensively for a model like this, but haven't found any good alien cockpit 3d models. There are a few alien fighter models I kind of like, though. Both models need to be less than $100 each, although the total can be over $100. Does anyone either know of any models of alien fighters, or more importantly, alien cockpit that must have two seats in them? There are plenty of good cockpit models with one seat but I haven't even found any with two!

TL;DR Looking for a 3D model of an alien fighter cockpit that must have two seats. (There could be more than two seats but no more than three or four). Anyone know a good way to look for models and/or know of any models? Thanks!

Comments

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,097 Ambassador

@HeySiri What angles are you shooting from? Could you get away with pictures of the inside of a cockpit? Maybe front, side, and behind the actors?

• HeySiri

@FilmSensei I wanted to get a LOT of different angles to make it feel like you really were in the cockpit. But enough pictures could theoretically work... why what are you thinking?

• FilmSensei
    FilmSensei Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 3,097 Ambassador

You might consider searching for pictures of the inside of a cockpit / spaceship and use those. If you can't find anything, you could maybe draw your own!

• HeySiri

Draw... my own...

My art skills are limited to... the minimum limit art skills can be :/

Although I do like your idea! Of course, just a few minutes before I saw this I found a good 3d model with an interior and exterior... haha well I'll keep your idea in mind in case the interior doesn't work!

• JBaymore
    JBaymore Website User Posts: 336 Enthusiast
    edited January 2019

FilmSensei wote:

"You might consider searching for pictures of the inside of a cockpit / spaceship and use those. If you can't find anything, you could maybe draw your own!"

This is something that I basically did.  I found some fair images of the inside of an X-Wing cockpit, and then spent a bunch of time re-working them into what I wanted it to look like in photo image and drawing software.  Adding detail, taking out some stuff that was not looking "right".  And so on.   Then in Hitfilm composites... adding changing instrumentation details that bring it "alive".  Then green-screen in the pilots.

best,

................john

• HeySiri

@JBaymore how did you get the initial images?

• JBaymore
    JBaymore Website User Posts: 336 Enthusiast

Internet image searches.  Cut and paste combinations of parts from many different images.  And so on.  Technically it is not "screen accurate" to an X-Wing cockpit (every movie's X-wing cockpit looks different.........so what IS "screen accurate").....but that is not my goal.  Just a good looking approximation of that fighter's cockpit.  MY version of that cockpit.

best,

..............john