compatible software/plugins

What software and plugins are compatible with hitfilm?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    HitFilm is standalone software, so it doesn't directly integrate with any other software. However, it is compatible with any software that can import/export video or still image formats that are supported by Hitfilm. There aren't any plug-ins available for HitFilm. However, many features that are possible in AE with plug-ins, for example, are possible in Hitfilm without them, as the functionality is built into the program.
    If you can be more specific about the question, we could probably answer with greater detail. Is there something in particular you are looking to do, or some particular software/plug-in you want to use?
  • HellbentFilmsHellbentFilms Website User Posts: 17
    I bought action essentials 2 from video copilot and I'm able to use it. I was wondering if there Twitch presets would work?
    painted some of my face green and would like to add some bone and muscle tissue. Any ideas?
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Action Essentials is a stock footage collection. Importing video clips of that sort into HitFilm will work fine, but Twitch is a AE plug-in, not stock footage, and won't run in Hitfilm.
  • PawPawPawPaw Website User Posts: 54
    So NewblueFX and Red Giant effects would also not work then ?
    If not does Hit Film have similar style effects .
  • OrangePekoeOrangePekoe Website User Posts: 478

So NewblueFX and Red Giant effects would also not work then ?
    If not does Hit Film have similar style effects .
    Red Giant Effects won't work ie: Trapcode Suite, Magic Bullet etc
    However, the particle engine itself is capable of doing things very similar to Trapcode Particular. (Hitfilm particles can interact in a true 3D environment with other layers though, I believe Axel explained it best in another thread similar to this one)
    Furthermore, there are a few built-in presets for different 'looks' in Hitfilm.
    Thanks Everybody
    Yeah, one of the things that kind of bugs us about some other compositing apps is that, even though they are excellent software, they are quite expensive, and then you have to spend even more money on plug-ins to add the functionality you require, because it isn't there to begin with. One of our goals with Hitfilm is to keep it affordable, and include these types of functionality in the actual software, so you don't have to spend additional money on plug-ins to be able to access it. Of course, we can't build in the functionality of every plug-in available, especially in the first version of the software, but we are quite pleased with what we were able to include, and there will be even more as development of Hitfilm continues.
    For clarity, there are no third-party effects available for HitFilm at the present time. To the best of my knowledge there aren't plans to implement compatibility with third party plug-ins in the future. However, whether that will ever change, down the line, I can't say for certain. For now, though, if you are looking to replicate the specific results of some plug-in or other, feel free to let us know what you are trying to achieve, and we can likely offer suggestions as far as how to handle it in Hitfilm.
    Will do Axel thanks
  • MenachMenach Website User Posts: 1
    To jump in...
    I am trying to make a wall shatter. Its for an introduction to a video and I want to either have text explode through or a person. Any suggestions would be helpful. If its listed somewhere else point me there, if you don't get what I am trying to do I will clarify. Thanks.
    There will be a tutorial forthcoming that covers the wall shatter effect seen in Extraction Protocol; is that similar to what you have in mind? Around the 1:05 mark.