Audio Exporting Question

Hey guys,
So I'm very new to the whole world of video editing and VFX but I'm learning it fairly well. I am rather frustrated that I could not figure this out myself so I came here despite the fact that it's probably a very simple task and that I'm overlooking something...
Anyways, I'm doing a simple test shot and I have a composite shot for a blood splatter behind the subjects head. Composite shot came along great so I added some sound effects from Action essentials 2 into the timeline as separate audio layers and exported to test. The only audio that is in the exported clip is from the imported video and none of the sound FX that I added.
Probably a simple fix but I am new to all this so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Are the sound effects added within the composite shot, or to the main editor timeline? Is the Export window set (using the menu at the top) to export the Composite shot, or the main Editor? Make sure it is set to export the correct timeline, so that the audio clips are included.
  • butchholezbutchholez Website User Posts: 2
    Yep that got it. I was only exporting the composite shot, completely overlooked it as expected.
    Thanks for the quick reply! :D
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    edited October 2011
    Hehe, I always like it when my first guess is correct. Makes me sound like I'm smart. :) Glad it was an easy fix though, its just one of those things that is simple once you know how it works, but can easily be overlooked or missed while you are still learning the software. I've run into the same issue myself in the past.