Can This Computer Run Hitfilm?

Hi, I just found Hitfilm Ultimate and it looks really cool. I want to try the demo, but I am ignorant when it comes to GPUs and technical stuff. Are there any wise people that could tell me if my graphics card will be good enough to use Hitfilm?
There is a sticker on my computer that says "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 w/512 MB" but I am not sure what that means exactly. I don't know anything about graphics cards, so I am not sure if this meets the system requirements or not. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• RodyPolisRodyPolis Website User Posts: 613
    The fastest way to find out is to download the demo. If your GPU isn't good enough, it'll tell you when you try to open the program.
  • migaranmigaran Website User Posts: 7
    Thanks for the reply, RodyPolis, I have seen your tutorials and really want to try some of this stuff out. So I downloaded the demo, but the program won't open and there is an error message saying
    "Your video card does not support the minimum requirements for this application.
    OpenGL version must be 2.0 or higher.
    OpenGLSL version must be 1.2 or higher.
    The monitor must be running in True Color (32-bit)."
    I didn't think my computer was too bad, but it seems the program won't run. Again, I am ignorant when it comes to graphics cards and whatnot, but I checked wikipedia and it said "All Radeon HD 3xxx models support DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL 3.3."
    I am still confused on all this. Is there something I need to do, or does this simply mean my computer can't handle Hitfilm?
  • MatthiasClaflinMatthiasClaflin Website User Posts: 674 Just Starting Out
    It means that without buying a new GPU (graphics card) you won't be able to run hitfilm. So without buying something, your computer simply can't handle hitfilm.
  • AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Make suer you visit the ATI site and download the latest drivers for your graphics card. But it appears that the 3650 does rate a bit below the minimum requirements for HitFilm. If you update your drivers and HitFilm still won't run, then you will need to upgrade your card. There are some recommendations to point you in the right direction here, if you consider buying a new graphics card.
  • migaranmigaran Website User Posts: 7
    Ok, thank you for the input everyone. It looks like I'll have to hold off on HitFilm until I can get a new computer, or at least a better graphics card. I look forward to the day I can use this cool looking program. B-)
  • luces de beranoluces de berano Website User Posts: 1
    I have a Pavilion dv7 intel Core i7 2670 QM @ 2.20GHz
    8GB RAM Win 7
    Intel HD 3000 Graphics
    I do Qualify for the recomended Requirements but i still get the
    Your card does not meet the minimun requierements for this app
    openGL
    openGLSG
    32 bit
    Help!
  • AdyAdy Staff Administrator, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 1,445 Staff

I have a Pavilion dv7 intel Core i7 2670 QM @ 2.20GHz
    8GB RAM Win 7
    Intel HD 3000 Graphics
    I do Qualify for the recomended Requirements but i still get the
    Your card does not meet the minimun requierements for this app
    openGL
    openGLSG
    32 bit
    Help!
    Hi,
    Can you try updating the drivers of your Intel HD 3000 please, below is a link to the Intel website which will select the correct drivers for your Windows installation / machine
    Intel Driver Utility
    Thanks,
    Ady