Green Screen Matte Cleaner

NullUnitNullUnit Website User Posts: 791 Just Starting Out
edited October 2011 in Post-production techniques
It looks like Hitfilm Standard does not come with the matte cleaner for green screening. Is there another way I can smooth out and feather the edges of my green screen shots?
* I think I figured it out. I put chroma uv blur above the color difference key and spill removal below that.*

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    The most critical step to getting the edges smooth and clean is lighting and shooting the footage properly. So remember to fix everything you possibly can before the shoot, and cleaning up in post will be much easier. I'm not saying that you haven't already done this, maybe you have. But I mention it just in case.
    Anyway, glad you got some satisfactory results, and do keep us posted if any other issues present themselves.
  • IamJoshuaDaviesIamJoshuaDavies Staff Administrator Posts: 357 Staff
    Yeah, Darth-ill, you're right. With Standard its best to use the UV Blur before applying the Key. Ultimate has a few more options which make things easier/more powerful.
  • TheRealJayWalkerTheRealJayWalker Website User Posts: 219
    edited October 2011
    Sorry if this is a bit of an obvious question but what does the Green Screen Matte Cleaner actually do..?
    Update: No need to answer as RodyPolis very concise Greenscreen videos covered it nicely.!