Importing .m2t file into HitFilm

I just imported a video clip of the .m2t format into HitFilm, and I could play the video, but there where no sound. If i play the same clip in Windows Media player I have sound, so what's wrong. Is this a bug?

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,242 Staff
    Most likely the audio is in a Dolby format which isn't compatible with HitFilm, because we haven't been able to get the licensing worked out with Dolby Labs yet. Still working on it. If that's not the case, please let us know what format the audio is in and we will take a look.
  • PLANBPLANB Website User Posts: 105
    PMB is software most Sony Handycams use to import footage on the computer. If you use HD footage, the convert and resize options are almost useless. I could only convert them to copies of wmv or MPEG videos with dramatically lower video sizes than 1080p. Anyone know some sort of importing software that can take care of this?
  • VikingFilm65VikingFilm65 Website User Posts: 261
    You are absolutely right Axel, the audio was in Dolby Digital! Ok, that explains it!
    :)
  • GrisbyGrisby Website User Posts: 299 Just Starting Out

You are absolutely right Axel, the audio was in Dolby Digital! Ok, that explains it!
    :)
    Well, that's a Thing, can be fixed fast. ;-)