why o why no Mac

There I was , watching every tutorial with ever increasing excitement , can it be that easy to do particle systems on footage , well yes.
Before I knew it my hand was hovering on the buy button.wait !
Let me check I can get for my applemac , noooooo!!!
Why oh why

Comments

• AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    This has been discussed a number of times in the past, but basically, due to the small market share held by Mac, and the small percentage of existing Macs that could handle running the software, and the continuing shift of Apple toward mobile devices over their professional line of products, the potential market is too small and uncertain at this time. We don't have the people or resources to develop for two platforms simultaneously, so since we had to choose one to begin with, Windows was the obvious choice.
    Its a bummer, I know, because I am a Mac guy myself, but in the end it boils down to a business decision. We would all love to release a Mac version, and are watching the market closely to see if it will be feasible at some point, but we don't have plans for a Mac version at this time.
  • Aculag
    Aculag Posts: 708 Just Starting Out
    I've seen so many people complaining about this not being available for Mac, but honestly, if you have a Mac that's powerful enough to run HitFilm properly, you likely have an Intel Mac, and you're going to be able to do a BootCamp partition for Windows and run it there. I've done it, and it works just fine.
    If you don't have an Intel-based Mac, then your machine is probably at least five years old, and HitFilm will be sluggish on it anyway.
    I know not all Mac users have newer machines, but the point is that if you have a Mac, it's still possible to run HitFilm, just not in OSX. And if you ask me, HitFilm is worth using Windows for.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,252 Staff
    Except a very large percentage of Intel-based Macs don't have graphics cards capable of handling HitFilm. And a lot of people who don't use Boot Camp at present aren't terribly interested in spending a couple of hundred dollars on Windows just to run HitFilm. Granted, its cheaper than buying a whole new PC to run it, but its still understandably not worth it for some people.
    But, if your Mac is up to the task, Boot Camp is definitely an option for the Mac users out there.
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    Keith - it's been a while, but we're on the case:
    http://youtu.be/2RJCQ3rjqw0
  • Darren
    Darren Posts: 164
    Oh you are such a tease Simon!
  • B3NB4IL
    B3NB4IL Posts: 74
    That was beautiful.
  • MistyJohnson
    MistyJohnson Staff Posts: 22
    HitFilm 2 Ultimate is out now for the Mac. Please take a look at our site. 
    http://hitfilm.com