GeForce 400 Series OpenGL error (FIXED IN LATEST UPDATE)

2»

Comments

• IamJoshuaDavies
    IamJoshuaDavies Staff Posts: 360 Staff
    Hey Nicovio,
    Thanks for your interest in HitFilm. Unfortunately, your graphics card is well below our recommended specification. We will be improving the performance of the software in the coming months but you would still benefit from a more powerful GPU.
  • LouisD
    LouisD Posts: 1
    I recently downloaded the 64 bit demo version (Ultimate)and was having the same OpenGL message. I have a new XPS 15 laptop with an Intel Core i7-2720QM processor, Windows 7 and a NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB graphics with Optimus card. What can I do?
  • Nicovio
    Nicovio Posts: 2
    Dear Joshua,
    Oh,too bad...I don't think I will get a new video card in a few years...I just have to wait.
    But do you think,my computer will support Hitfilm standard?
    I think Hitfilm is a very good programm!!! And I want it!!!!
  • 3dmus
    3dmus Posts: 117

I recently downloaded the 64 bit demo version (Ultimate)and was having the same OpenGL message. I have a new XPS 15 laptop with an Intel Core i7-2720QM processor, Windows 7 and a NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB graphics with Optimus card. What can I do?
    Try earlier version of NVIDIA driver as explained on link below:
    http://support.hitfilm.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=8&nav=0
  • Toonarama2
    Toonarama2 Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    Hello there
    I work in IT myself so I appreciate the problems you have (so sorry to appear impatient) but...
    has any progress been made on the NVIDIA issue?
    I am really interested in buying HITFILM as long as I can
    1) purchase within the 60 day timeframe and get the 40% off
    (otherwise it is out of my budget range)
    2) try it out

I know I could use the workaround but I break out into a cold sweat going forwards never mind backwards so I'm not going to take the risk!
    Many thanks
    Toonarama
  • SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Posts: 4,448 Enthusiast
    We are currently testing a fix for the NVIDIA driver issue. If no adverse side effects are found we should be able to make the fix available relatively soon. It'll certainly be within the 60 day discount period! :) Thanks for your patience, it is much appreciated.
  • Thank you Simon - good luck!
  • 3dmus
    Indeed- great to hear that!
  • SimonKJones
    This issue has now been resolved. If you update to the latest version of HitFilm you should also be able to use the latest NVIDIA drivers. :)
    Thanks again for your patience and all the feedback you gave us. It really helped us with the fix.
  • AxelWilkinson
    AxelWilkinson Posts: 5,255 Staff
    Oh,too bad...I don't think I will get a new video card in a few years...I just have to wait.
    But do you think,my computer will support Hitfilm standard?
    I think Hitfilm is a very good programm!!! And I want it!!!!
    The requirements for the Standard and Ultimate versions are the same, sorry.
  • 3dmus

This issue has now been resolved. If you update to the latest version of HitFilm you should also be able to use the latest NVIDIA drivers. :)
    Thanks again for your patience and all the feedback you gave us. It really helped us with the fix.
    Many thanks Simon/Development Team - very impressive! Am downloading now, will let you know how it goes.
  • 3dmus
    Right - downloaded it, and have played around for a bit. Happy to report that it all seems to work w/o any issues! Great work development team! One thing I noticed (but ot entirely sure of it) is that my D7000 clips play more jittery than before. Again, though, not really certain of this.
  • SimonKJones
    Thanks for the report, 3dmus. Good to hear the fix seems to have worked for you.
    One of the devs will have to confirm, but I don't think any changes were made that should have affected D7000 playback.
    A major priority now with HitFilm is general optimization.