Just made my first video since forever

Weylo
Weylo Website User Posts: 4

I made a tutorial for the first time since ages ago and would really like some opinions or feedback. The last videos I made are on the same channel but were absolutely terrible (So please don't check them out lol) and I would really appreciate some feedback on this new 1 minute video that I've made since I feel that it might actually be somewhat worthy of it.

Thanks!

Comments

• StephansBilderwelt
    StephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 521 Just Starting Out*
  • TheDigitalMedia
    TheDigitalMedia Website User Posts: 195

I think it is straight to the point. If that was your goal, you did it. If i was a gamer looking for that type of thing it would be good for info to solve my problem. It is about your end desire so there are no right or wrong hard rules per say. You didn't explain in your post what you ultimately wanted viewers to get so I couldn't tell you if I received that, so I shared what I got. It was to the point simple info, which sometimes is the best depending on your target audience.  Hope it helps, did you edit in HF?

• Weylo

Thanks, I edited it in premiere pro. It was actually my first time using Premiere Pro. I'm not looking for any specific feedback, just opinions or any feedback in general.

• Weylo

This is not spam.

• TheDigitalMedia
    TheDigitalMedia Website User Posts: 195

I like that you want input, I wish HF had a more formal place on their site for "professional" review so users can grow. In general, I would say learn your target audience (The people you want to ultimately watch your content. There will always be a secondary target audience and a primary. Focus on the primary for now). This is important because if you don't you will always have someone with a different perspective, "best" approach, you must use this effect/software, camera, etc. To me, you posted your tutorial for review on a forum focused on a software that specialize in compositing and basic special effects so it may not get much attention. Why? Your tutorial uses neither (compositing or SFX) and you used another program to edit. I think the tutorial is fine (decent audio/not a lot of wasted time and information which is important online, etc.).

Personally, I would have liked more movement to keep me engaged. Doesn't have to be fancy, maybe a slow zoom/scale on static pages while you talk. Kind of like eye candy, we have short attention spans :) . But, if I was a part of your primary audience, maybe the movement would be a distraction because I would have been more focused on the information. See what I mean about the importance of target audience? Get to know them, their likes, needs, etc. I hope it helps friend. 

• StephansBilderwelt
    StephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 521 Just Starting Out*

Okay, sorry. But in this case I totally agree to what "TheDigitalMedia" wrote. I got confused because it had nothing to do with HF at all or SFX. But yes, for the right target group this might be a good tutorial. 

• Weylo

No problem, and thanks for the feedback! I will take into consideration adding some zoom-ins or similarly to keep the audiences attention in the future.