I HF3 and HF4Pro for Sony Vegas Pro 13

bwiesebwiese Website User Posts: 10

English (Google)

I HF3 and HF4Pro for Sony Vegas Pro 13
HF3 I uninstalled and installed HF4Pro. How can I 13 Video File with hit movie edited 4 Pro from Sony Vegas. with HF3 it had always worked quite well. After I uninstalled HF3 has also uninstalled with the function. But there is no new.

I can no speak english, sorry

German

Ich habe HF3 und HF4Pro für Sony Vegas 13 Pro
HF3 habe ich deinstalliert und HF4Pro installiert. Wie kann ich aus Sony Vegas 13 ein Videofile mit Hitfilm 4 Pro bearbeitet. mit HF3 hatte es immer ganz gut geklappt. Nachdem ich HF3 deinstalliert habe ist die Funktion auch mit deinstalliert worden. Aber es gibt keine neue.

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

For Vegas 13 to integrate with Hitfilm 4 Sony needs to write their end of the code. We all need to write Sony's Customer Service and ask them to do that. 

Your English is better than my German. :) 

• StephansBilderweltStephansBilderwelt Website User Posts: 523

Vielleicht kann ich kurz helfen. Derzeit gibt es keine Unterstützung von Vegas 13, allerdings liegt das an Sony, die sind wohl noch nicht so weit. Am besten HF3 wieder installieren. HF3 und 4 laufen ohne Probleme wenn beide installiert sind. Sie laufen nur nicht zur gleichen Zeit. 

• bwiesebwiese Website User Posts: 10
    edited November 2015

Okay Danke euch, der Support hat mir eben auch geantwortet, ist zwar nicht ganz was ich erhoft hatte, aber wenn es "noch" nicht geht, ist ja noch Hoffnung, dass es irgendwann geht, hoffentlich bald,

mfg

Auch an dich Triem23 thank you best regarts

• ArekArek Website User Posts: 83

I just wrote to Sony. I'm waiting for an answer.

edited November 2015

Ich dachte es wäre eine Neuerung und habe HF4Pro wohl zu früh gekauft, leider. Wenn ich gewusst hätte das es mit Sony Vegas 13 nicht geht hätte ich noch gewartet,

Man hätte seitens Newblue schreiben können "nicht kompatibel mit Sony", na vielleicht irgendwann.

Wozu soll ich 2 Versionen auf den Computer installieren, HF3 und HF4, wenn ich für Sony nur HF3 nutzen kann. macht kein sinn. Schade

Danke euch für Infos!

english(Google)

I thought it was a novelty and bought too early HF4Pro well, unfortunately. If I had known that it does not work with Sony Vegas 13 I would have been waiting for,

It might have been part of NewBlue write "not compatible with Sony," na maybe someday.

Why should I install 2 versions on the computer, HF3 and HF4, if I can use only HF3 for Sony. does not make sense. shame 

Thank you for information!

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,286 Ambassador

@bwiese

We can hope Sony issues a Vegas update soon. 

For now, there are Hitfilm users who edit in FCPX or Premiere. They render from Hitfilm and re-import into their editor. This can be done with Vegas. 

If you work with 3D models a lot, you can get results from Hitfilm 4 that would be impossible with Hitfilm 3. The new Value Graph allows control of animation well beyond what Hitfilm 3 can do. Despite the Vegas integration not working, yet, there a lot of good reason to have both.  :-) 

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

For whatever reason I end up working with a lot of clips that aren't compatible with HitFilm so I rarely use the HitFIlm - Vegas integration. Instead I frame serve out of Vegas using DebugMode FrameServer, then use Avisynth (probably soon to be VapourSynth) and Avisynth Virtual File System to mount the frame served Vegas output as a file. This gives me something guaranteed to be compatible with HitFilm without having to add another transcode or render step. Import the result into HitFilm, do what I need to do then export to a PNG sequence. Back in Vegas import the sequence and re-link.

• dancerchrisdancerchris Website User Posts: 76 Just Starting Out

Perhaps you need to reinstall VP13.  Many had problems installing HF3 after VP13 and not getting the integration.  A reinstall of VP13 often fixed it.  Would think that it wouldn't change with HF4.  Do the HF admins know?

Simon Jones has confirmed that HF4 isn't currently working with Vegas. This requires a Sony Update. HF4 has the code, it's Vegas that needs the update. 

• IdrankwhatIdrankwhat Website User Posts: 131

Do the plugins work?    You might not be able to have direct interface with HF but aren't the plugins suppose to get around some of that by putting the effects directly into Vegas?

• TheDigitalMediaTheDigitalMedia Website User Posts: 195

@Aladdin4d

You should do a short tutorial on the frame serve process you mentioned,  I think it would be very helpful.  What do you think sir?

• Aladdin4dAladdin4d Moderator Website User, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,509 Enthusiast

@TheDigitalMedia I think that after I finish the three projects I have going right now and I finally actually get to take a look at HitFilm 4 I might consider it. Keep in mind though I have philosophical and ethical objections to using any kind of screen capture software myself. Variable frame rate captures are the bane of my existence and if I were to jump in and do it myself I would be condoning the despicable villainy of VFR video! Rage against VFR I say!

Anyway for now read through Nick Hope's excellent tutorial -

How to Render High Quality Video for YouTube and Vimeo from Sony Vegas Pro

In it he covers the basics of setting up the DebugMode FrameServer and Avisynth. Where I would change things is skip the VFAPI converter completely. The Avisynth Virtual File System I linked to above is a much better option. 

Vapoursynth is a much more modern implementation of a frame server than Avisynth with a lot of advantages and some disadvantages but I'm just starting to work with it myself so I'm not real confident in tossing out how to use it at the moment.

• TheDigitalMediaTheDigitalMedia Website User Posts: 195

@Aladdin4d

very funny!Rage against VFR I say! I will check out the link and the second option as well.  Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate the response. 

@Idrankwhat the plug-ins do work with Vegas, but, if you want models or particles, it's integration or renders from Hitfilm. 

Btw, is your name a Socrates joke? 

Just why should 13 bring out a patch for Sony hit movie, Sony Vegas. If a plugin does not work but would make NewBlue the plugin compatible, or not?

German

Nur warum soll Sony , Sony Vegas 13 wegen Hitfilm einen Patch heraus bringen. Wenn ein Plugin nicht Funktioniert müsste doch Newblue das Plugin kompatibel machen, oder nicht?

The "Hitfilm Plug-ins" are OFX. This means they follow standard code guidelines to guarantee compatability.

The Hitfilm to Vegas connection is different. Hitfilm Pro isn't OFX code (Although it can READ OFX). It is a custom renderer that is different from Vegas's custom renderer. Therefore, for them to communicate, custom code must be written and enabled by Sony and FxHome. Sony hasn't done their end yet. This is why the integration doesn't work. 

Another user may have  a workaround, but I want to test it and run it by FxHome before sharing it. If it works and the programmers consider it safe, I will share it.