Audio out of sync Please Help!!

Ok so i have a little problem. I record a gaming video at 30fps and when i finish the recording and save the video and look at the properties of the video it is in 30fps so its not my recording software thats the issue. When i click file and new i have it set at 1920x1080p and 30 fps so. when i import it, it imports in at 29 fps. Its not really a big deal because i can go into media setting and change the fps up to 30 but i have SEVERAL clips and its annoying to have to do it to everyone of them any way i can save it so that the default import fps is at 30fps? instead of 29? Yes i do have the box checked where it imports the settings of the video

Comments

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,240 Staff

Sounds like your video is using a Variable frame rate, which pretty much all screen capturers do. I would convert the video first to a fixed frame rate, and convert it to an editing format while you are at it, and that should clear up the issue and improve performance, all in one go.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

Axel is correct, especially if you used Nvida shadowplay, which is definitely a variable frame rate recorder. You should transcode your footage to a constant framerate format. Mpeg Streamclip and Handbrake are both free. 

In Hitfilm once you have your footage in a constant fps, if you drop a clip on the edit timeline and it's a different fps than the project Hitfilm SHOULD detect this and ask if you want to change editor framerate to match the footage. 

• bc0304bc0304 Website User Posts: 3

Like I said, I have multiple clips and running 20 clips through handbrake will take many hours any other advice?

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

Transcode while you sleep. If your footage IS variable frame rate, this is your only solution. 

• bc0304bc0304 Website User Posts: 3

Ok thanks for all the help :)