Synchronizing Multiple Camera Angles

I did a search and looked through the manual, but I cannot find any information on if it is possible to synchronize multiple camera angles as in FCPX (I am running on Mac.)

While I am looking to do more simple video instruction from my woodshop, I record on 2-3 cameras at a time to get wide and tight angles at once and the multicam synch would be a time saver. 

I just purchased HFP4 today and am checking it out. It has some features I am interested in trying. 

Thanks for any help. 

Todd in Montana

Comments

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

Hitfilm currently lacks multicam tools. I want them too. 

However, in FCPX you could do most of your edit, and use the Hitfilm Plug-ins in FCPX for 2D composites, media generation and grading, since the majority of Hitfilm's effects are in the plug-ins, only needing to send to Hitfilm Pro shots where you need advanced 3D compositing, models, particles, etc. Render an image sequence from Hitfilm fir maximum fidelity, and drop that back in FCPX (which let's you continue edit/grade in FCPX while the one shot renders in Hitfilm. This kind of hybrid workflow is actually pretty smooth, overall. I work that way myself from Vegas. 

• HitFilmer15569HitFilmer15569 Website User Posts: 2

Triem23 - thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. 

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,272 Ambassador

No problem, Todd in Montana! 

Mike in California.