Should I Update to Hitfilm 4 Pro?

I have Hitfilm 2 Ultimate. I do mostly 2d and 3d compositing and color grading. Is it worth it to update? 

Comments

• HendoHendo Staff Website User Posts: 160 Enthusiast

You can try the demo version for free and then see whether the new features and improvements are useful for you: 

http://hitfilm.com/pro/demo

• Stargazer54Stargazer54 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,709 Ambassador

Quick answer: yes.

Dude, you now have keyframes on a graph you can manipulate.  Being able to fine tune motion and/or effects by dragging keyframes on a graph is worth the price of admission, if you're doing the upgrade.

• Triem23Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,228 Ambassador

Quick answer: yes. Stargazer already mentioned the Motion Graph, which is very useful indeed. Additionally 4 Pro has some grading filters (Added in 3) that weren't in 2 Ultimate. If you do a lot of grading, in my opinion Curves (added in 3) is the best overall tool to do contrast and color cast adjustments. 

And, as Hendo notes, there's a demo to try first. 

• H3rm4n_Studi05_OldH3rm4n_Studi05_Old Website User Posts: 99

So I tried the demo and I like this much more than Hitfilm 2 Ultimate. But when I try to use a .cube LUT, it says Error: Invalid File Format. Any way to fix this?

• NXVisualStudioNXVisualStudio Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 687 Ambassador

Well....Yeeeeeeessssssssss! I hope that helps :)

• SoFuegoProductionsSoFuegoProductions Website User Posts: 20

Does anyone know if there are any additions/improvements to the OFX plugins from V3 aside from more supported host apps? I've been looking but haven't been able to find anything.

• AxelWilkinsonAxelWilkinson Staff Administrator, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 5,240 Staff
    edited December 2015

There are a number of new additions to the plugin list in HitFilm Ignite, yes. They include:

Hyperdrive
    Dimension Rift
    3 Lightsword effects
    End Credits Crawl
    Pulp Sci-Fi Title Crawl
    Animated Lasers
    Demult

There might be others as well, but I think that's most of them.