edited November 2015 in General

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,275 Power User

direct video link. 

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Lord EarthPosts: 3,565 Ambassador
    edited November 2015

Not surprising really, it seems a shame that so many cool shots only get used once. Really this is more of what @KirstieT was saying in her blog about being more green in the movie industry, save $$$ and the envoironments.

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Posts: 2,618 Ambassador

Some of these movies pre-date the time of the push for more environmental friendly film production. For those movies I would say it was budgets that forced recycling of older shots.

You'd be surprised how much music used to be recycled in the 1950s and 60s. The Creature From the Black Lagoon music was used in at least two other horror movies I've seen from that time period.

• SteveKarstensen
    SteveKarstensen Posts: 330 Just Starting Out*

...just from the thumbnail still I can tell that those aren't the same shot.  The Jedi Masters aren't sitting in the same order and the central figure on the left isn't the same person (look at the hair and the robe color).  Did they re-use the camera angles and the set?  Yep, looks like it, but it's not the same footage.

• Triem23
    Triem23 Posts: 20,275 Power User

Star Wars prequels are a special category. Set? There's no Jedi Council set! Maybe part of a floor, but that all virtual!