We're creating Explosion and Fire stock effects. See our Kickstarter!

RodyPolis
RodyPolis Website User Posts: 613

Hey guys! For the past few months I've been working on creating some new 4K Explosion, Fire, and Fireball stock footage packs. Today I launched a Kickstarter for the project.

I'm sure this is something you guys would be interested in! Check out the video below:

Here's the Kickstarter page: http://kck.st/1W5iGZk

We're really working hard to make this the best set of effects they can be. I'll be here to answer any questions you may have. Thanks!

Comments

• Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador

Heh, you DID beat me to it. ;-) 

• RodyPolis
  • Triem23
    Triem23 Moderator Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 18,956 Ambassador
    edited October 2015

Well, unfortunately for me the $100 Super-Early special sold out while I was at work. Guess I just have to give you $149! (Actually, I'd do the $500, if I could afford it.

Like I said to you on Facebook, under the "Montmorency" name, the real selling point of this pack is going to be the fact that you worked hard to keep all of the explosions in-frame. Which is going to make your pack much more useful than the pack and most of the Digital Juice stuff (I've not looked at the Triune pyro packs).

Anything to avoid that one Action Essentials 2 explosion with the string of sparks shooting out of it. That's become the "Willheim Scream" of stock explosions!

Anyway, take my money, and I'll post this Kickstarter around the varied other video forums I'm on.

• RodyPolis

Thank you! We've been putting a lot of work into these packs, so I'm glad that people are appreciative of our vision to make these truly something special. Also, thanks for sharing the Kickstarter! Every bit helps.

• fredclips
    fredclips Website User Posts: 228

I'll be backing this today.

I'm not a professional user by any means, but I'm very happy to support an alternative to Action Essentials 2! I've been using that pack for years and, like many others, cannot help by notice when it's used in videos. (The Walking Dead seemed to be using the blood effects there for a while as well. Very distracting)

Have all the footage 'in-shot' will be awesome!

• RodyPolis

Thanks a lot for your support @fredclips! I think you're right on the Walking Dead blood effects.

• StormyKnight
    StormyKnight Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,728 Ambassador

Hey RodyPolis- Looks great! I like that attention to staying in frame was paramount, after all, one can always cut off  or let the effect go out of frame in post if need be. That makes for the greatest options too! Kudos!

• RodyPolis

Thanks! All the positive feedback we've received about this project have been so great! We're over halfway there now!

• RodyPolis

We've reached our goal! Big thanks to everyone here who backed and shared our Kickstarter. You're awesome! Our next Stretch Goal is to raise enough to create a Smoke FX Pack, which I'm sure you guys would love.

There's still time to grab these packs at 50% off, so head on over to the Kickstarter page if you're interested: http://kck.st/1kGQh0f

Thanks guys!

• RodyPolis

We're at the last 48 hours of our Kickstarter! Thanks to generous support, we've now unlocked 2 Stretch Goals, which means more free stuff for backers. Backers will receive an additional Smoke FX Pack, as well as our 3D Weapons Pack!

Time is running out, so hurry: http://kck.st/1kGQh0f

• Marshall2000_uk
    Marshall2000_uk Website User Posts: 176 Enthusiast

Wow that looks awesome. Backed. I'm seriously gonna have no money for next month. All worth it though.

• RodyPolis

Hey, thanks a lot Marshall! You won't regret it!

• Porq
    Porq Website User Posts: 46 Just Starting Out

Signed up yesterday and can't wait for the product (but I will, lol).  Looks like you're really outdoing yourselves and the stretch goal rewards are icing on the virtual cake.   For professionals, these look to be a bargain even at the MSRP,  I really appreciate you letting the rest of us get in on these at a very reasonable price.  Thanks in advance for all the hard work! 

• Farscape
    Farscape Website User Posts: 90

Come on people. As a backer I'd like to see them get past all their Stretch Goals so we can all get some great footage and action packs.

They are down to the wire, having achieved enough to make a last minute purchase of any amount over $49 well worth your while.

Even though Hitfilm has their own competing footage, which might warrant a warning for such blatant plugs, I know a deal when I see one since I'm of frugal Scottish blood.

• Triem23

FxHome isn't going to begrudge RodyPolis plugging his Kickstarter. Rodolpho is a big FxHome supporter and has done some wonderful Hitfilm tutorials. :-) 

• SimonKJones
    SimonKJones Moderator Website User, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 4,450 Enthusiast

And after all, you can never have too much stock, right?

Rody's awesome and I can't wait to check out his stock products. They've utterly smashed their Kickstarter goal, which is fantastic news.

• RodyPolis

Thank you so much for the support, guys! We're all very ecstatic about how much excitement this project is generating. ActionVFX is going to be awesome! 

• Marshall2000_uk

Come on guys, let's push this past the last stretch goal. Everyone should be buying this, it's an absolute steal at those prices.

• dplester
    dplester Website User Posts: 33

Just 14 hours and $861.00 to the next stretch goal :)

• NXVisualStudio
    NXVisualStudio Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 693 Ambassador

RodyPolis

I seriously hope this work out for you guys, I did watch the video and can say most of the issues you discussed are indeed the problem with most stock packs being burnt or leaving the frame, I for one will be purchasing :) 

• Triem23

Yes, @NxVisualStudio, buy the RodyPolis stock... Let's get that third stretch goal! More free stuff for my $149!

• NormanPCN
    NormanPCN Website User Posts: 4,063 Enthusiast

I think it just went over the 55K stretch goal by $44.

• RodyPolis

We did it guys. All 3 Stretch Goals reached!  Thanks to all of you who supported the project.

Man, what a crazy exciting journey it's been!

• Triem23

Congrats on a successful Kickstarter. I think this will certainly help you move forward with the RodyPolis and Action VFX sites. Certainly pays off an expensive Red rental! ;-) 

• Marshall2000_uk
  • RodyPolis

Thanks guys!!!