Wurminator's Videos

Wurminator
Wurminator Website User Posts: 18

Here I will post some of my work, done in Hitfilm 3 Pro:

feedback appreciated!

(Titles are in German, but I will translate them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9I2mN2-1kQ

Comments

• Wurminator
    edited October 2015
  • Farscape
    Farscape Website User Posts: 90

Whenever I get around to actually produce and present something for editorial review I shall assume that no comments are a polite way of saying that I should keep trying.

We all learn by doing and should never be distracted by negative comments as we take incremental steps towards greatness.

It shall clearly be a long road for both of us, but with help from the community we shall one day rise above our earliest attempts.

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,976 Ambassador
    edited October 2015

Wurminator apologies for the delay in response, bit busy at work and play.

So firstly well done for getting something finished/published!! major bonus points for that. So to my review.

Clearly you have a good grasp of sound as I felt this was by far the best part of you video. The footage really cried out for some stable shots, I guess this was handheld camera shot. Either put your camera on a tripod or stablish your camera by not walking around and slowing down camera movements. Have stable footage is the difference between clearly armature film and pro, unless you are looking for more Blair Witch style.

You might be able to improve the lens flare effect in the first few seconds as I am guessing this is an effect, look at Hitfilms tutorial (Superman) on how to do Light wrapping to make it look more natural. Your Pan shot from the guy walking to the bad guy in the woods is a bit off putting, maybe cut to a shot to just over the shoulder of the bad guy looking down on the walker might have offered more drama. Just a note but check and double check your continuity from one shot to the next. Magic glove appears then in the next shot it is gone, then its back.

OK OK, some positives, your use of the zoom effect worked well, and the stick sparks was timed nicely, as was the lightening strike.

So all in all a good little video, with what you had. Could I do better, probably not, it is easy to give advice after the event.

Keep it up, look at Corridor Digitals first vids, we all start somewhere right.

Oh also, try sticking some Top and Bottom black bars for the film look, it helps sell any video I think.

• Farscape
    Farscape Website User Posts: 90

I love this forum. It's stock full of helpful, humble diplomats who are more than willing to share their own learning experiences so that the rest of us can add to our arsenal of future skills.

• Wurminator
    edited October 2015

Andy001z

Thanks for your nice review, the feedback was surprisingly good

because I knew the Video had no concept at all and was shot in 1 hour

also I knew about the glove mistake but shots were missing and the pacing would have been odd (The main afford was put into editing )

P.S sound design was done with the Motion Pulse sound pack from Video Copilot

• Andy001z
    Andy001z Moderator, Website User, Ambassador, Imerge Beta Tester, HitFilm Beta Tester Posts: 2,976 Ambassador

@Wurminator, 1hr shot, well dam that's quick. Arrr Motion Pulse, nice pack.

@Farscraper (Love the name, big fan of that show). Yes, it's never nice getting a review that basicly rips someones work to shreds, just becuase you know it can be done better (maybe in your head or by someone else) but I feel a review should be balanced. When some one has gone to the effort of producing and sharing their work, a subjective review is more fair. Of course, if someone puts no effort in at all and rips off someones elses hard work, then that's just rubbish!!